Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cold Wet Weather

CraigT

Since the cold wet weather has come back the car has struggled to start the last 3 days. Usually starts with a couple of gentle taps of the accelerator to help it along.

The car has a new Battery so am I right in presuming that I need to be looking at the rotor arm, dizzy cap, and plugs as a resolution?

Im thinking of changing these anyway, and was wondering what kind of costs Im looking at just for the parts (I have a mechanic friend to fit them). My MR2 is an NA so I dont need anything too flash but I also dont want to buy crap either.

Would it be best to get the official toyota rotor arm and dizzy cap?

What kind of plugs would be good but not too expensive?

Be gentle Ive just spent a fortune on a roofer for my leaking roof :(

you could try BLUEPRINT stuff - part of partco , i got mine for a celica st202 1995 , cap plus rotor for £ 49.99 , THINKS TOYOTA WANTED THAT JUST FOR THE CAP. :wacko:

WD-40 comes in handy this time of year too. :thumbsup:

Craig,

Try popping down to Hyline Performance on Penarth road. The geezer there is spot on. He'll reccomend the stuff you need. :thumbsup:

Would it be best to get the official toyota rotor arm and dizzy cap?

official or blueprint stuff is best for dizzy cap,rotor and leads. Not sure about plugs on an NA though

Funny thing is it was fine when I left work last night and fine this morning when I got up.

I dont think its anything too major, do you think it could just be the plugs??

sounds more likely to be moisture inside the cap , now that you've ran it a while it will have dispersed untill the next time. ;)

i have the same problem, just a bit lumpy for about 2-3 min in the morning, clears up after that,

i have a new rotor arm and dizzy cap to go on this weekend so i will let u know if that sorts it

I just put some champion EON plugs in my NA, they seem to be pretty good, you can set the gap slightly wider than normal plugs. The engine idles much smother now and acceleration seems slightly better at low revs. Alternatively you could put in platinum tiped plugs in, they're a bit more expensive but they'll last longer.

my 2 has been standing still for the last 2 and a half weeks in cold wet rainy wather, went out to see if it started today and it started without any fuss at all :group-cuddles:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links