Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Induction Kit

seveer unaek

Just out of curiosity, would this fit the Yaris? Mainly because it's cheap, but also to get an idea of size etc.

dced6_HKS.JPG

http://www.fujitsubo.co.jp/imglib/sdra/sc_vol5/06.rm

thats the sound of the fujitsubo on a Yaris 1.5 with no extras. Just the back box.

Are you sure? Becasue that sounds pretty race-bred! Bit like a rally car or summat! That reminds me, can anybody make it 'pop', im mainly asking drb5 here, what with a de-cat and all!

I do quite like that sound, but it is a little tinny at start up. All these decisions! It's driving me maaaaad! (madder than i already am!) Is there any performance gain from this exhaust then? Or is it purely the noise?

I'm a picky bugger aren't I??!!

It certainly does pop and near enough, as soon as you start driving the thing....even COLD! :blink:

Alway's pop's after properly heated up and after every gear change at about 2500-3500 revs. Below or above these revs, it pop's 85% of the time. B)

It certainly does pop

it pop's 85% of the time. B)

Nice! :thumbsup:

Anybody else's pop? If it does, im pretty much sold! The pop is a cool sound!

It certainly does pop and near enough, as soon as you start driving the thing....even COLD! :blink:

Alway's pop's after properly heated up and after every gear change at about 2500-3500 revs. Below or above these revs, it pop's 85% of the time. B)

mine will only pop at around 6250 rpm (loud :D) thats with an apexi. buy one you wont regret it. and if any one says :o "6250 rpm! you brute" thats because i drive my yaris properly!

Maybe i won't regret it, but £360 is a lot of money, and it still sounds a bit moped-ish! And yes, you are driving your Yaris properly... utilising the full potential of your engine. It thrives on revs. (Your MPG doesn't, but sod that!)

P.S. Is have you seen an increase in performance earpl?

acctually yes as Norm can verify, it does seem to go better bettween 2nd & 3rd. it doesnt sound moped'y at all it must be the sound file, it does sound beefy. the neighbours dont like it :) in fact every village i drive through on the way to work cant be impressed :)

Moped'y. LOL!! Doesn't sound anything like that. And if you like the low dull drown of rude boy custom exhausts then this isn't for you. Its got a terriffic rasp when booting it, and when switching gears or letting off the throttle at high revs it pops and gurgles. Its not a really loud pop, but a nice one.

Also try reving it to the red line, backfires like a proper !Removed! - sounds proper jap.

:rolleyes: I knew someone, wouldn't understand what i was getting at!

I think you hear it better than anyone else cus you know what it sounds like to begin with. That clip is just too poor quality to properly know what it sounds like.

Get a decent microphone in there.

A vid clip would be even cooler. Find a tunnel, or a long wall, then hold the microphone facing the open window. Don't stick it out the window tho, or we'll just get a big 'ssschshchcooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrr'

Hiya, the fujitsubo is a lovely exhaust but i'm not sure it'll be right for you as a fellow SR owner. I came to this dilema when i was wanting to get a backbox aswell, i want better sound (not too loud), with better performance and at a resonable price.

The problem with the fujitsubo is getting the performance and sound the others are getting as your car is an SR, so u may not be able to achieve that prominent popping sound ppl in TS's are getting. Also it maybe a bit loud for you as you've said you dont want it to sound too loud.

Dont know if you've seen this before, but i've got a Tom's Barrel backbox with a sound clip. Its not as loud a a fujitsubo, but it is alot louder than stock and a lot sportier too. I was told by Tom's Trd that this backbox was designed for this engine, so it has a valve inside to keep the torque and power at low revs and then open up at high revs for full flow. That sold it for me .. :lol:

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.p...hl=toms++barrel

Btw .. in the clip i only revved it to about 3500-4000 max .. any more and i think my neighbours would have all came out and battered me! :lol:

Hope this helps! :thumbsup:

Pretty sure the fuj has a vlave too.... keeps it quiet at 3500 and 4500 or there abouts. So at 30 in 4th, 40 in 5th, and 60 in 5th its really quiet. Unless you give it full throttle.

Also - interesting fact. The Yaris ECU maps itself like 100 times a minute depending on ur driving style and what the sensors are saying. So if it finds that more air is getting in, it'll push more fuel through. And if you drive like a granny, it'll go in rubbish map mode, but drive like a nutter and it'll wack it in perfmance map mode.

Hiya, the fujitsubo is a lovely exhaust but i'm not sure it'll be right for you as a fellow SR owner. I came to this dilema when i was wanting to get a backbox aswell, i want better sound (not too loud), with better performance and at a resonable price.

The problem with the fujitsubo is getting the performance and sound the others are getting as your car is an SR, so u may not be able to achieve that prominent popping sound ppl in TS's are getting. Also it maybe a bit loud for you as you've said you dont want it to sound too loud.

Dont know if you've seen this before, but i've got a Tom's Barrel backbox with a sound clip. Its not as loud a a fujitsubo, but it is alot louder than stock and a lot sportier too. I was told by Tom's Trd that this backbox was designed for this engine, so it has a valve inside to keep the torque and power at low revs and then open up at high revs for full flow. That sold it for me ..  :lol:

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.p...hl=toms++barrel

Btw .. in the clip i only revved it to about 3500-4000 max .. any more and i think my neighbours would have all came out and battered me!  :lol:

Hope this helps!  :thumbsup:

Thamks very much for that! Iv heard and seen your exhaust on here and thought it'd be much nicer... it's more my kind of exhaust and i had a feeling it'd be better for the SR. But then i read that you got it from Hong Kong, and that's a bit far for me to get an exhaust! If ther's anywhere else it's available then thats the exhaust for me!

If ther's anywhere else it's available then thats the exhaust for me!

Try phoning Kevin at Envy Performance, he may be able to get you it! :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links