Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Bought Another Type-r

Nick-Johnson

Hi guys,

I don’t know if you were aware but four weeks ago I learnt a very hard and valuable lesson about giving cars that don’t come equipped with driving aids a 100% respect at all times. The car in question was my year and a half old but new to me 30th Anniversary Honda Civic Type-R as I banked in to a long sweeping right-hand corner at gone 12:00pm the rear stepped out which I was happy to deal with, with a bit of opposite lock. Unfortunately this was not going to be the case as I tuned into the slide the rear wheels left the road and hit the wet grass spinning the car in to a 360 degree spin before wiping out two sign posts and landing upside down in a ditch.

If I were driving my Corolla T-Sport I doubt I would be writing this post right now as ESP would of intervened and it wouldn’t be anymore than beep from the cars dash to remind you it had save your nuts once again! I have learnt a lesson from this horrific accident, pushing cars on country lanes is asking for trouble as really you don’t know what your letting yourself in for.

But has this put me off owning a car without ESP I here you ask? Well I looked at most cars I could afford in my four weeks off the road and guess where I ended back up? Yeah you guessed it another Civic Type-R but this time the revised 2004 model with the new lightened flywheel, harder suspension set up and improved steering. Oh and a much more respectful driver!

Nick

Good Choice m8!

I would have done the same as well! Maybe its a good thing that U had the accident if it teaches you what not to do! I really need 2slow down in the lanes as well Ive had a few close ones recently on the wet roads!

Get some pics of it up dude!

Ad

Cool Beans

Nice Motor i think you will be fine with this motor, like you said maybe it takes something as scary as you went through but i bet you will be a better driver for it, have a feeling i am a bit of a nutter sometimes and its too easy to say that VSC and EPS are going to save you, but i doubt VSC is going to help in all occasions.

Good Choice, Take it easy

I've had to change my route to work.

Lots of fast country roads up here in the sticks.

If i hadn't change my route i would now be either dead or seriously injured!!!

Like Nick say's respect where it's due.

Enjoy the new motor!!! :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links