Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hmm Cutting The Plastic Under The Engine Bay?

BLOODUK

Just wondering is it worth cutting the plastic underneath one of the engine bay grills , but leaving the left side on as to cover the alternator stop water getting on it... would this keep the engine cooler? i just dont see the point of an engine grill if its underside is covered up with plastic.

Your views?

it would probably be better to remove but the only thing is what water could come into contact with under there. Maybe not from rain but washing car, tidal wave etc. :thumbsup:

You'lll probable find it runs WARMER with it removed! The engine voer has ample louvres over the top, fans/ailflow blows cold ait in at the sides, it runs over the engine cooling it and escapes from the top as warm air, also sucked out by a venturi effect. by removing the lower plate the air will just escape under the engine, significantly reducing the cooling airflow over it :thumbsup:

The cooling systems on some cars rely on a bottom plate!

You'lll probable find it runs WARMER with it removed! The engine voer has ample louvres over the top, fans/ailflow blows cold ait in at the sides, it runs over the engine cooling it and escapes from the top as warm air, also sucked out by a venturi effect. by removing the lower plate the air will just escape under the engine, significantly reducing the cooling airflow over it  :thumbsup:

The cooling systems on some cars rely on a bottom plate!

i think.. not 100% that he means the part of the engine lid, not the undertray... maybe wrong

I think Toyota designed it like that for a reason .. only other thing I can suggest is try it .. get a spare and a few temp sensors and see what results you get.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links