Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Brakes And Disks

Chris_MR2

Hi all.

My wifes R reg MR2 Tbar needs new front and rear disks and pads. I think my local Toyota garage (Sidcup) is charging a really high price to source and fit these and I was wondering what the members thoughts were on getting these changed at a 'normal' garage?

Also does anyone have any reccomendations on garages in the Bexleyheath/Bexley area ?

Thanks

Cheap site is www.breakparts.co.uk

I was quoted by a back street garage to fit only rear discs but front and back pads...for £240...which is scandalous...buy the stuff from that site then get them fitted for £80-100 by a back street garage...

Cheap site is www.breakparts.co.uk

I was quoted by a back street garage to fit only rear discs but front and back pads...for £240...which is scandalous...buy the stuff from that site then get them fitted for £80-100 by a back street garage...

With a pretty basic tool kit you can fit yourself for the cost of parts and it should only take a couple of hours.

That said, if you are not confident enough, get a garage or someone who is to do the job as you rely on the brakes to save your life...and car.

Red.Dot grooved disks... cheaper than you think.

£250 for the set of front and rear 20 grooved disks.

£80 for Pagid fast road pads.

Couple of hours fitting yourself if you spend time prepping the hubs properly before re-fitting.

Red.Dot grooved disks... cheaper than you think.

£250 for the set of front and rear 20 grooved disks.

£80 for Pagid fast road pads.

Couple of hours fitting yourself if you spend time prepping the hubs properly before re-fitting.

You happy with them then fella? :thumbsup:

Yep get the parts as mentioned above (there are also discounted suppliers in Gold).

You could have a go at fitting them youself - it's really easy as long as you have the right tools. Check my photo-based how-tow in the "Workshop Submissions" section of the site.

The rears are done pretty much exactly the same, except the piston on the calipers twist (or turn) into the cylinder. I would recommend getting the specific tool from Halfraud$ for the job.

I think my pads are getting abit rubbish, Pagid fast road pads are these good for heavy breaking when needed? will get some new discs at some point how much is a set of four ?

I think my pads are getting abit rubbish,  Pagid fast road pads are these good for heavy breaking when needed? will get some new discs at some point how much is a set of four ?

Have a look at THIS post ..

if u want cheap disc, some Brembo blanks will do nice. and some hawk or baer pads do good too. fitting it urself shouldnt be that hard. its something u shouldve learned in highschool autoshop.

I would be grateful if someone could validate my order before I place it please.

My options are as follows for a R reg T bar 2.0 turbo with 15" wheels.

1. From the first link, Brake Parts online

1 x BPS2212 Pad set @ £17.95

1 x BPS1384 Brake Pad set @ £12.66

2 x BDS5360 @ £25.02 each

2 x BDS5217 @ £21.36 each

Total spend 150.83 inc carriage & VAT

2. From the second link, speedways

1 x Vehicle_Braking_Pads_PAD-421 @ £19.00

2 x Vehicle_Braking_Disc's_DSK-364 @ £32.00 each

1 x Vehicle_Braking_Pads_PAD-499 @ £19.00

2 x Vehicle_Braking_Disc's_BDS-5217 £53.00 each

Total spend £208.00 inc carriage & VAT

The first link is £50 cheaper and the website seems a lot slicker so I am thinking that it is best to go with them. Has anyone here used them ?

Thanks again for any help you peeps can give here.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links