Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Remapped Ecus

clarky

OK - getting toward the end of the more minor mods - now seriously thinking of an ECU remap. Spoken at length with TDI who reckon they can do it for around 1500 with time and bits. They predict an increase of around 12% and lower fuel costs etc ...

Who has done this so far and whats their experiences?

Clarky

£1500 :o :help:

sounds like someone is trying to pull your pants down at that price!

have not done this on the yaris, but on a few 1.9TDI's... £475 takes a 130bhp diesel to 190bhp

those cars have a turbo though, and are of a fairly large engine size to begin with..

I assume it's the 1.5 you're talking about getting remapped, there won't be much power to be yeilded though... and £1500 for 15bhp is a bit poor if you ask me!

£500 more gets you the supercharger ;)

Yes its a T-Sport and I think 1500 is a lot. But I'm told that if I wanted a supercharger or turbo I'd need the ecu remap and kit anyway.

Therefore I guess it'd be a stepping stone ...

Clarky

Yep - but the kit for the remap needs doing ... still cant make my mind up as regards Supercharger vs Turbo conversion either ... just really looking for feedback from others...

Clarky

Had a Link ecu in me scoob. Took about 5 hours all in, between fitting it in and mapping it(which was the scariest thing i've done on a public road!), but for the Yaris, unless your going to DEFINATELY get a turbo or supercharger, just get a chip and not a whole new ecu. Too much money, considering you get the exact same benefit.....but it is up to you.

B)

My plans..

Wait to see if Earl can fit his SC..

If he can, ill sell me 1.0 and get a T Sport and SC it,

if not, ill sell me 1.0 and get....summat else!

:thumbsup:

Try Unichip.

Have a search in these forums for unichip. I've read of gains of around 10-20bhp on a MR2 Spyder and a Corolla. Its under £500 I think, and although its a piggy back they map the unit at the garage (so its effectivly a mini-ecu remap) so it suits only your car. The guy at the Oxford branch, apparently, also has a lot of experience with Toyota. I think I read of an MR2 Turbo hitting 300bhp with only a new exhaust and filter.

Just do a search, all that info I read on these boards.

Gonna do with the Unichip myself, as it's just as sOcks said, mapped on the rollers. Although, in total, it's £412! :thumbsup:

Yep, but 412 sounds a lot better than 1500! Anyone have more details? Like what the name of the firm in Oxford is?

thanks

Clarky

As people have said. Wait until you've done everything you want tho. Such has complete exhaust system, air filter, flywheel, clutch, sparks, etc.... just so it can make the most of everything.

As people have said, I think its a better route to go down, rather than the hassle of a turbo/supercharger.

I rekon with mods and ecu you could get around 0-60 of 7 secs. It'll do it in 8.5 normally.

I rekon with mods and ecu you could get around 0-60 of 7 secs.

I think thats a bit optimistic mate, maybe 7.5 if ur lucky! :thumbsup:

I rekon with mods and ecu you could get around 0-60 of 7 secs.

I think thats a bit optimistic mate, maybe 7.5 if ur lucky! :thumbsup:

Maybe its a tad optimistic. But the Yaris ECU is clever as it is already, so it makes the most of each mod you add - plus its a light car. I rekon with mods and a remap 1.5secs isn't too much to ask.But that's gotta be the limit.

Try www.upsolute.com their agent will come to your house and you can watch them fit the chip. They charge around £300.

I haven't had it done on a yaris but I've had a Merc CDi and VW TDi chipped with excellent results. The same results can be had with a Superchips upgrade but you'll be paying £500+

Try E-mailing Upsolute they are always developing products for modified cars as well as the standard ones

Yes its a T-Sport and I think 1500 is a lot. But I'm told that if I wanted a supercharger or turbo I'd need the ecu remap and kit anyway.

Cheaper still, Sell the Yaris, and buy a MAZDA MX5/EUNOS 1.6 if its speed your after.

Cheaper still, Sell the Yaris, and buy a MAZDA MX5/EUNOS 1.6 if its speed your after.

No no no. You need to remap AFTER you have the turbo/sc. You can't tune an engine to make the most of a turbo if it doesn't have a turbo in it! If you get it remapped now, you will just have to get it remapped again once you have the turbo/sc. Thus costing you £3000 and not £1500.

Oh and yes! Get a MX5. That's what I'm seriosuly considering.

hmph...

mine is remapped..

done it few weeks ago..

but 1500? whoa! the guy who did that took about 100 in israeli terms..

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links