Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Binding Calipers (bgb Sheets)

Fury

Guys,

The front calipers of my 97 N/A are sticking like a b***h. Would anyone have diagrams on how to fit the new slide rods? I believe a refurbishment pack can be bought, which includes new rods, rubbers etc.

Had it in with MR. T 2 weeks ago and they said they fixed it. Quick squirt of WD40 and charged a wedge of cash for it more like.

TA.

Liam.

]I PAID £ 25 FOR A CELICA SERVICE KIT , BUT YOU DONT GET NEW SLIDE RODS .ITS MOST LIKELY WHEN YOU POP OUT THE PISTONS THAT YOU FIND THEY ARE VERY BADLY PITTED WITH RUST , IF ITS RIGHT AT THE TOP THEY SHOULD BE OK IF PITTING GOES DOWN TO HALF WAY I'D OPT FOR NEW PISTONS , WHICH YOU CAN PICK UP FROM BRAKES INTERNATIONAL , FOR AROUND £ 20 ISH EACH,PRESS THE BRAKE PEDAL AND HAVE SOMEONE WATCH THE PISTON , PUSH IT OUT AN INCH , YOU SHOULD NOW BE ABLE TO PEAL THE RUBBER BACK AND SEE WHATS STOPPING IT REURN , LIGHT SANDING TO GET THE RUST OFF , USE THE PINK GREASE TOYOTA GIVE YOU ON THE PISTON END WHERE THE RUST WAS, FIT THE NEW RUBBERS ON THE SLIDES AFTER GREASING THEM TOO AND YOU'RE DONE , IF THE CALIPER MOVES ON THE SLIDES BY HAND THEN ITS DOWN TO THE PISTON BEING RUSTED.

SORRY FOR CAPS JUST REALISED

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links