Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Bumper Lights.

T V O R

Ok, but i think it'd be a bugger if some :censor: hole scrapped past you in a car park, or dented the bumper.

Ok, but i think it'd be a bugger if some  :censor: hole scrapped past you in a car park, or dented the bumper.

That could happen with or without mods on the bumper!

Not sure if they are indicators or side lights like on Volvos...

Ok, but i think it'd be a bugger if some  :censor: hole scrapped past you in a car park, or dented the bumper.

It'd be a bugger if someone did that with or without the lights!

Not too bad...scrap that, I dont like them :biggrin:

Edit: Damn u beat me...

terrible

i cant understand the bump strips aswell, they are hideous!

just park safely! :lol:

terrible

i cant understand the bump strips aswell, they are hideous!

just park safely! :lol:

Yeah, i hate the bumper strips too! I don't know why they put them on... wait, yes i do (Sexist comment in 5...4...3....etc) It's because more women drive Yaris, and more women have low speed scrapes in car parks, and bump into stationary things. Therefore, bumper strips are there to help ease the damage.

What i meant earlier was that if you knacker the lights, im pretty sure they'll be harder to get hold of than a replacement bumper in the event of an accident, therefore causing delays and all kinds of annoyances. But yeah, it would be annoying even without the lights!

P1000197.jpg

That front bumper seems to come out WAY to far!! My phase2 is not like that!! :wacko:

Check a pic of mine out:

7.jpg

Any other phase2'ers agree?? The bumper comes out underneath the headlamp too!

Or is it just me..... :blink:

Matt

Yeah, i hate the bumper strips too! I don't know why they put them on... wait, yes i do (Sexist comment in 5...4...3....etc) It's because more women drive Yaris, and more women have low speed scrapes in car parks, and bump into stationary things. Therefore, bumper strips are there to help ease the damage.

hey we aint all the same :angry: :D

some of us are very carefull in car parks.

i've just been playing with that image its a black stripe not a bump strip ;)

but it still looks awful,

them lights would look good if you took out the side repeaters from wing,

smoothed the wing and used them as repeaters.

P1000197.jpg

That front bumper seems to come out WAY to far!! My phase2 is not like that!!  :wacko:

Check a pic of mine out:

7.jpg

Any other phase2'ers agree??  The bumper comes out underneath the headlamp too!

Or is it just me.....  :blink:

Matt

The bumper does look a little deeper now you mention it, or could it the light?

I think everyone means bump strips in general Kimi not the thing on the side of that car! :thumbsup:

Any other phase2'ers agree??  The bumper comes out underneath the headlamp too!

Or is it just me.....  :blink:

Matt

I agree, mine don't do that. I think it must be to do with the Canadian crash regs - same with the little lighty things in the bumpers. My guess it that they're those orange side lights that Yank cars seem to have...

A

Correct..

The Canadian hatch is very different from the rest of the world and has a lot more safety restrictions . it has longer front and rear bumpers with bigger front and rear supprts, and the rear seat is only made for 2 people and is FIXED, it doesnt slide!

http://www.toyota.ca/NWS/media/icentre/des...choHB_ext2s.jpg

http://www.toyota.ca/NWS/media/icentre/des...choHB_ext1s.jpg

I think everyone means bump strips in general Kimi not the thing on the side of that car! :thumbsup:

Ooops just re-read this thread :o i got it mixed up :blink:

had hard day at work trying to get car on ramp :crybaby: i'm tired :lol::wacko:

Thats my excuse and i'm sticking to it :lol::lol:

Yes, that is a Canadian hatch. I know the owner. Yes our bumpers are longer because we have stricter crash regulations due to the North American obsession with bloated gas-guzzling behemoths. The side repeaters in the bumper strips are stock on our hatches, however they are orange, this guy has replaced his with clear Lexus IS300 (Altezza over there I think) repeaters...

The Blitz Supercharger won't fit our hatches either because the engine mounts are higher so it hits the hood...

Any other questions, I'm the resident Canadian Echo (Yaris) owner here...still hoping for a cheap way to get a set of 15" T-Sport alloys shipped here...Nope we only get 14"s on our Echo RS (T-Sport)

Cheers

Yer all american/canadian cars have big bumpers. thats why when they have european models over in the states they look weird cus of these big long bumpers.

Sorry Kimi, it was a very sexist generalisation, and in no way meant to cause too much offense. Sorry.

Those lights in the bumpers are horrible. they look alright on american cars as they are designed to have them but euro and jap cars seem to be designed without and then just stuck on later! (exlcuding volvo who put them on all countries)

Oh and has anyone seen the size of the rear bumper on a US Focus? its huge!!

Longer bumpers or not, it's the best translation of a european import we have gotten so far in Canada. 10 years ago when I used to drive my Suzuki Swift around asking myself "why can't we get those great little european hatches over here" and Toyota finally answered...

Canadians want nice cars too!

hey we aint all the same :angry: :D

some of us are very carefull in car parks.

but it still looks awful,

them lights would look good if you took out the side repeaters from wing,

smoothed the wing and used them as repeaters.

but have u noticed behind the repeater on a yaris thats were the line starts that goes down the car so would be awkward 2 smooth!

Sorry Kimi, it was a very sexist generalisation, and in no way meant to cause too much offense. Sorry.

No offense taken at all mate :D

i was only joking :lol::lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links