Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help

saxokiller

:wacko: Hi guys, Can anyone help me? I bought a ae92 gti on a 87 plate with full service history about two months ago,All of a sudden things are starting to go wrong :huh:

1st There is a noise comming from the passenger side when the car is out of gear and my foot is off the clutch but goes away once in gear?!

2nd does anyone have any rear trailing arms as there is a nasty knocking comming from the rear when i hit any sort of bump the shocks and springs are only 3 month old so cant imagine its them?

Any help would be a god send :thumbsup:

Max Respect Saxokiller :ph34r:

does the noise go away when you dip the clutch with the engine running ??

if so it points to the thrust bearing , and can make that noise for a long long time before it dies. :thumbsup:

the knock on the rear arms is probably the inner bushes worn on the lateral arms there are 4 of them and you must buy a SET of bushings or specify exactly which one you need as they are different compounds for inner and outer for and aft as this aids with cornering !!

Yeah i was suprised to near that too....

You can check by jacking the car up and wobble the wheel top and bottom like you check wheel bearings (it probably wont have any play) then do the same side to side and you'll spot where its coming from.

You can get replacement poly bushes from whiteline in Aus cheaper than anywhere in the UK and faster delivery too ! unless other UK suppliers have stopped being greedy. :angry:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links