Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Jdm/ukdm Differences?

Karma Supra

Just wondering Folks...

no doubt you have heard me saying how rubbish my local Toyota dealer is (apart from the parts department).. today I popped in to get my tracking done, and they were telling me that the jap and uk spec mr2s are totally different cars, and they would not/could not do a wheel alignment on a jap import car as quote "the suspension is totally different, they are totally different cars underneath"

I think they are talking :censor: ... Are they or should I stand corrected???

I also noticed the price has gone up.. - £87 When I commented "thats gone up, when you did my JAP IMPORT soarer TT it was onlt £50" they said its always been taht cost, and I am wrong....

Tossers :rolleyes:

I didn't think there was any difference. It's all SW20 at the end of the day.

Just wondering Folks...

no doubt you have heard me saying how rubbish my local Toyota dealer is (apart from the parts department).. today I popped in to get my tracking done, and they  were telling me that the jap and uk spec mr2s are totally different cars, and they would not/could not do a wheel alignment on a  jap import car as quote "the suspension is totally different, they are totally different cars underneath"

I think they are talking  :censor: ... Are they or should I stand corrected???

I also noticed the price has gone up.. - £87 When I commented "thats gone up, when you did my JAP IMPORT soarer TT it was onlt £50" they said its always been taht cost, and I am wrong....

Tossers  :rolleyes:

They're pulling your wire dude.

According to the gumph in the stickies, there is virtually no difference. The later cars got different suspension (Bilstien) from the Rev 1's, but apart from that, like Bibbs said, they're all SW20's.

Tell them they're talking out of thier a$$ :o

and besides, i reckon someone on the forum with a jap import has gotten their tracking done....and as Bibbs said, all SW20 anyway

AS I thought then :thumbsup:

they really don't know **** about the cars!!!

Mr T is very bad with MR2's .. and I don't really know why.

I suppose they were not as popular as the Celica/Corolla .. but still, they did make and sell them.

What happened to my post? All that is left is the quote from the previous post and not what I said?????

I didn't think I had been offensive or slanderous. Was it removed or is it a system error? I know it was there last night.

What happened to my post? All that is left is the quote from the previous post and not what I said?????

I didn't think I had been offensive or slanderous. Was it removed or is it a system error? I know it was there last night.

Well I seem the most active mod in this forum, and it just looked like a blank post to me :yes:

they are taking total ****. Only diff is rev3+ tubbies and their billies and -10mm ride height. UK struts are rebulbable and JDM are not. As far as swingarms, bushes etc etc if the cars the same revision all parts are the same. geometrey the same all the same, MR T's can be right ubikholes.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links