Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Blitz Bov Prob....

Jimlad

Ok... on Monday I noticed all of a sudden the car refused to boost past .8bar. When it was the dump valve was also not going off.

Finally stopped the car ( engine running ) and I could hear a hiss sound. Just as I thought, a hose had come off.

It's the hose which connects the dump valve to the engine. There's only one hose, it's quite thin, so I assume you know what one I'm on about.

I thought... easy fix, put it back on... nope! The hose connects to a metal bit which screws into the dump valve. The metal bit has snapped from a threaded bolt on the dump valve. This bolt itself can come off etc... but I'm a bit buggered.

BlowoffDD3.jpg

In the above picture just to the right of the BOV there's a small L shaped metal piece. This connects to the BOv and the hose connects to this. The metal pieice itself can also come apart so you are left with the bit that the hose connects to.

Basically... where the heck am I supposed to get a new one of these?!?!??!

I'm gonna have a bodge about tomorrow. See if I can get the bit that the hose connects to ( seperates from the L shape bit ) to go in the hole where the bit snapped from. I might be lucky, it might be the same thread!!??!

Another problem... Looking at the above picture.... I need to rotate the top of the BOV around to change the angle that the hose connects to. It has Allan nut things on the top and looks as if it's made to be rotated to what you need. Scared I undo the nuts and the whole BOV flys apart though. Anyone shed any light on the matter?

?? .. not sure what you mean mate.. there's something screwed into the bov. The lshape bit then screws onto that. There's a bit which goes in the lshape which then connects to the hose.

I might be able to take the bit out that the lshape screws onto off the bov ( as it's this that broke ), then get the bit which the hose connects to to go in it's place.

Know what I mean ??

Hard to explain.

sort f getting ya

what i understand

L shaped things broke

L shaped thing attaches by a screwthread to BOV?

need new L shaped thing........

am i on the right lines

a close up of the actual thing would be a bonus bloke

lol... yeah.. on the right lines.

Either the lshaped thing or the screwed in thing which has broke. Might need both.

But I might be able to get the bit which the hose connects to which screws in the lshaped thing to go in the hole on the bov where the screwed thing is as long as the threads are the same. Hopefully they are.

Get me now ?? ... lol.

Will take some piccys tomorrow... if not, then it's a case of slapping the stock BOV back on until I can source parts. Will also leave the hose disconnected on the stock bov so it doesn't recirc so it still sounds like I have my blitz bov... :)

i admire the technical terms used in this thread :lol:

hmm im sort of understanding, is it the vacuum pressure sense hose errr...........thing that the thing is for

:lol:

Just block off the pipe that's 'flapping around' for now.

That's just a vacuum pipe... normally the one you 't' into for your boost gauge. The vacuum simply helps the BOV to open when the throttle is released and hence vacuum created.

Or... like you say... stick the stock recirc back on for now.

Nightmare all the same mate.

If it's got t*ts or an engine it'll cost you money... (sorry ladies, very un-PC) :ph34r:

Just block off the pipe that's 'flapping around' for now.

That's just a vacuum pipe... normally the one you 't' into for your boost gauge. The vacuum simply helps the BOV to open when the throttle is released and hence vacuum created.

Or... like you say... stick the stock recirc back on for now.

Nightmare all the same mate.

If it's got t*ts or an engine it'll cost you money... (sorry ladies, very un-PC)  :ph34r:

ah.... just block it off ??.. will do... I take it it won't do anything bad blocking it off ? Will it still dump ? With it unblocked it won't boost much at all... it just sorta refuses... lol.

Do you think that the fact that you have stock engine mounts might have contributed to this part moving and breaking?

I know what your car is like when changing gear hard!

possibly!! .. it's the way the BOV was originally installed... by no other than CRD!?!?!?

The bit which broke was actually sitting hard on top of the engine thing... forced there. Like I said earlier it is possible to move the location of it, but they were too lazy.

With the crazy heat and the constant strain of being forced there tightly and the engine jumping about.... it all took its toll and broke... :(

Will see what I can do about it tomorrow though.

Could also be an excuse to save for a HKS SSQV!

take it to any place that does plumbing equipment, if you show them ends they should be able to get or make one for u

Jim, you should be able to fit a brass/stainless elbow (the sort that plumbers use for central heating), It looks to be about the same size, and you could re tap the thread. If you take the oold one with you as a pattern, thet should be able to match it up. Shouldn't cost more that a couple of squid :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links