Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Setting Up Apexi Acv-r

midmotorsteve

ok, had enough, thought i'd done it but i havn't

some one please tell me what to do.

Thought i had it set boost/duty solinoid, 1 bar 60%, seemed to work 4th 5th gear flooring etc, left it over night, it forgeot... so did the same again thought ok, then was on a very empthy duel carrigeway so stopped and did a 0mph to 140mph test, went well was **** fast. then did a few 3rd gear runs and then a 2nd gear,... over boost.. and then was all over the place in every gear, the profile changed to 60% down 45% up to 63 % down etc the 70% all over the shop and ... well it doesn't work...

Help. :(

I've been told to turn the learning off .. as it doesn't work.

and to set the start duty too.

...right £350 worth of boost controller can't set its self to hold 1 bar... £17 grainger valve, ....

I'm thinking electronic boost control may be a total waste of time...

I take it your having probs too bibbs? What annoys me was after the first time i tried to set it up it appeared to do the job no probs, it just failed to store the data...

If i were you, I would turn the AVC-RLearn Mode off, set the Boost to 1 bar all the way across, and set the Injector Duty cycle to 40%, take it out for a blast and see what happens.

If you overboost in a certain gear, turn it down, if your not reaching boost turn it up. When turning it up raise it by 2/3% everytime.

Duty % is how much the Fuel Injector has to work to get enough fuel to match the air.

IIRC I had my settings on 1 bar all the way though and the duty was around 55/60% all the way through. Every motor is different.....if you give me the duty % in the gears when blasting it would help

:yes:

If i were you, I would turn the AVC-RLearn Mode off, set the Boost to 1 bar all the way across, and set the Injector Duty cycle to 40%, take it out for a blast and see what happens.

If you overboost in a certain gear, turn it down, if your not reaching boost turn it up.  When turning it up raise it by 2/3% everytime.

Duty % is how much the Fuel Injector has to work to get enough fuel to match the air. 

IIRC I had my settings on 1 bar all the way though and the duty was around 55/60% all the way through.  Every motor is different.....if you give me the duty % in the gears when blasting it would help

cool, will try that, may have to rewire tho, as i wired the purple wire to rpm not injector.. wrong choice i guess. As far as setting went tho, i thought when it was asking boost / duty% it was refering to the solinoid that controls the boost duty not the fuel being injected. This thing is really confusing me.

How do you turn learning off? at setting you have (a) (B) (off) but in the instruction it says (off) is to turn off the solinoid totally and then the wastegate is all thats controlling boost??

Last thing, it may sound silly, but after doing this do i have to save the settings or does it do that automatically?

I take it your having probs too bibbs? What annoys me was after the first time i tried to set it up it appeared to do the job no probs, it just failed to store the data...

no issues .. just want to know how to tune it proper.

no issues .. just want to know how to tune it proper.

so have you got it to hold required boost in all gears??

If i set it up, I'll hit 1 bar, but on highter geers it'll not hold the boost (because of the turbo).

I had it setup for 1 bar, and then 1.1 bar .. but then after playing at the ring with it (and having no idea what I'm doing), it peaks at .9 now :lol:

If i set it up, I'll hit 1 bar, but on highter geers it'll not hold the boost (because of the turbo).

I had it setup for 1 bar, and then 1.1 bar .. but then after playing at the ring with it (and having no idea what I'm doing), it peaks at .9 now :lol:

I'm already thinking of selling it and putting the grainger valve back on... or sell it and the rsm and get a unichip instead.

With the grainger valve, once all the minor issues (ignition etc) were sorted it managed to hit 1 bar rapidly in all gears, no dropping off boost.

i'll give a go on the way home tonight, see if i can get anywhere.

out of interest,.. anyone offer me £320 and the AVC-R's yours inc extended wiring loom and brackets i made to mount solinoid.

4 days old, still have the box instructions all thats missing is the double sided stick tape :) rrp £350

I'll have your RSM if it's got a G meter ;)

no g-meter they are only £40 add on though, still interseted? whats your offer ?

I'll have your RSM if it's got a G meter ;)

no g-meter they are only £40 add on though, still interseted? whats your offer ?

hmm, dunno .. need to have a think as without the g-meter mine rev1 RSM does all the rest ..

really not know what to think of this avc-r, drove 100 miles this morning with unit turned off, as boost was so all over the place. This evening gave it another go 100 miles back and after the first time boosting, which it overboosted lots it sorted itself out and was good as gold ..HUM...

sorry but i have only set one of these up on a fiesta which seemed to be alot easier.

if you are thinking of selling the rsm can you pm me a price?

If you overboost in a certain gear, turn it down, if your not reaching boost turn it up.  When turning it up raise it by 2/3% everytime.

IIRC I had my settings on 1 bar all the way though and the duty was around 55/60% all the way through.  Every motor is different.....if you give me the duty % in the gears when blasting it would help

cool, will try that, may have to rewire tho, as i wired the purple wire to rpm not injector.. wrong choice i guess. As far as setting went tho, i thought when it was asking boost / duty% it was refering to the solinoid that controls the boost duty not the fuel being injected. This thing is really confusing me.

How do you turn learning off? at setting you have (a) (B) (off) but in the instruction it says (off) is to turn off the solinoid totally and then the wastegate is all thats controlling boost??

Last thing, it may sound silly, but after doing this do i have to save the settings or does it do that automatically?

On the AVC-R the Duty IS for the Turbo Boost, but whatever this is at, the injectors will be working at more or less the same rate IIRC.

I have problems with my AVC-R, took it to Grasshoppers and Hyper and they talked me through how it worked. So set it all up myself and then it was fine. I also had a lot of help from Dino, used to work at Owens. :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

Hi there,

I'm having a lot of trouble setting up the avcr at the moment.. :(

I have triple check the installation and read pages of stuff from forums but still to avail..

avcr and the solenoid is working (can hear it clicking away), however i can't seem to get it to hold boost when just using duty cycle settings.. it'll either stay at around .5 bar or shoot past 1 bar when playing around with the duty settings.

tried turning off FB settings and learn gear settings too..

when i played around with the start-duty it'll hold boost (.8 bar) only when i floor it from 4000rpm onwards...but if i rev it from low rpm 3000 or below it'll overboost..

can anyone help me..i'm really lost, it seems the response from the avcr is very inconsistent.

If someone could tell me the steps they went through to tune it it'll be great, or the working setups they have it'll be even better..

it's a GenII MR2 with greddy intercooler, FCD and Trust exhaust system.

Greatly appreciated...

i'm really getting fed up with this controller, spent the last 2 days working it out....

without touching anything else other then the duty cycle it won't even boost past .6 bar....even at 90% duty..

i think selling it is the right move :ffs:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links