Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Flames! 8/

CraigT

Heading in to work I saw a clapped out old Nova, 'maxed' out, with FLAMES coming out of the exhaust.

Erm can anyone give me any clue as to what the hell that was about? :blink:

Running too rich (choked?), exhaust gets full of unburnt petrol where it has a tendancy to ignite on overrun! :thumbsup:

Either that, or they've done the old 'spark plug mounted in tailpipe' trick!

Really? Is this something I should consider for my car?

Is exahaust flames this years black? erm........................

u can flamer kits for about £100...and cheper version for like £50-60 from eBay. But to be honest u cant beat REAL flames from turbo`d cars ;)

u can flamer kits for about £100...and cheper version for like £50-60 from ebay. But to be honest u cant beat REAL flames from turbo`d cars  ;)

Dunno if it works with MR2's but with my Rover Turbo I just have to unplug the knock sensor and voila...flames out the back.

Apparently my supra pops flames... I see the occasional flash...

you can get proper "flamer kits" the more serious ones have butane canisters and a spark plug!!! soem even drop powers in for coloured flames (see 2 fast 2 furiuos), but if you ask me they are all mr chavtastic... hmmmmm

Mine flames apparently .. need to ask those following me on the Germany trip ..

yep, na's dont flame naturally unless they a very highly tuned.

my turbo popped flamed as when i was racing with a supra up my @ssss, when we pulled over, he was like "dude, you car was awesome man, it was flaming out the back" :D

to get a spark plug in the exhaust, you will have to drill a hole in it somewhere, not recommended if you've got a nice exhaust.

was following a nissan 200sx to the reading meet a couple of months back and his was flaming like a mo fo on every gear change, looked well cool but a bit ott :)

hmm.. flames shooting out because its tuned, bad *****. flames coming out because of some trick, ricer. if its not coming out as a result of tuning ur car, dont bother getting it. i mean, unless u want a burnt bumper. mine flames, but its because im running rich onfuel and i have no fuel tuning.

Na's can flame.. A mate of mine has a clio williams... its standard apart froma chip, full Magnex decat system and a saph cossi induction kit... that pops blue flames!!!!

!Removed! quick little car! totally toasted my old n/a supra!!!!

She's never let me forget that :rolleyes:

Pizzaboy on this site with the 300bhp odd MR2 spits blue flames, I've got a video of it somewhere! Got it at the last meet! :thumbsup:

was a primera near mine that could spit flames, and i mean BIG flames, it had a bluebird turbo engine in, notice past tense when speakin about it as its in bits now, i was gonna buy it off him as well

My little Hillman Imp used to flame actually and that's just an 875cc. I had the carb running rich and the result was the insides of the exhaust broke up and the flames turned into flames and bangs. Scared the sh** out of a few people :D

My ford probe used to back fire so badly it ripped the rear silenser can open!!!!!

never did find out why it misfired so much :o

http://www.suprasonic.co.uk/pics/probebang.JPG

:blink: :o :blink:

was one hell of a backfire!!!!

i have always owned quick fiestas, my 1st was a std looking mk1 which had a race preped x flow with twin 40s, that used to pop flames for fun (great fun when racing on a unlit motorway)

and also my 240bhp 1.9 turbo used to spit flames

Best way to get flames and popping is to get the exhaust really hot.....take it to the rev limit and hold it there in say 3rd gear.......keep caning it and then change gears and you will get flames and popping.

I always get popping in my car, even when not caning it......dont know about flames though :yes:

My old RX-7 flames when I change gear around 9K rpm, don't know about my new one yet, should though once the PowerFC is fitted!

It's de-catted with a HKS Dragster system, so no problems breathing!!!

No the flames coming out the back of this nova were constant, ala the batmobile (chav stylee).

All the back bumper was black and burnt looking and the 2 dudes in the front were moshing their heads and laughing.

It was pretty bizarre!

yip... I can shoot some pretty mad flames.. not just popping. I mean... flames that are constant from both tailpipes.

Looks pretty good according to Rico who was following me at the time... lol.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links