Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gti Manifold Problem...

mefirst

Hi again, I just got everything else sorted on my rolla and then the gasket on the manifold goes!!! Ok its only about a fiver for a gasket but to get it fitted its gonna cost me about 60 quid plus the dreaded because they got to re stud it. But it did get me thinking though, what if I bought a new manifold for it and have that fitted at the same time? Only problem is, with everything corolla related, I cant find anyone that makes one for my car. Does anyone know where I can get one from? Or another alternative would be, would a mr2 mk2 fit on it? I mean its the same engine isn't it? What I really want is quite a decent one just to improve the performance a bit. Thanks for your help

Mefirst

www.topgear.co.uk do a stainless manifold. costs 200 quid

Depending on your cars age (whether the engine is T-Vis or NonT-Vis) the engine would be the same as a MKI MR2 not a MKII. The MKI engines are a 4AGE T-Vis and are aslo found on the early spec GTi's (pre '89 IIRC).

Think very carefully about your driving style before changing your manifold. The stock manifold is probably the best in its class (internally, externally they look like poo) changing the manifold with tamper with your power range.

If you do a lot of distance driving stick with the stocker if you just nip around town and do 'sprint' type stuff try and get a Genie extractor manifold from Aus, you'll loose top end cruising power but gain bottom end power for pull aways etc.

i took a quick look ata mates Banzai mag today and they killed the driveability of an ae86 by killing its low down power with a pants exhaust and manifold setup, but they posted the results as if they'd done something good because the top end was up !?

yeah saw that article in banzai today, the car lost 8 bhp at 2000rpm but gained 6 bhp at 5500rpm, and no change in the midrange - whats the point of that??!!

Unity Jon Posted Nov 26 2004, 02:31 PM

i took a quick look ata mates Banzai mag today and they killed the driveability of an ae86 by killing its low down power with a pants exhaust and manifold setup, but they posted the results as if they'd done something good because the top end was up !?

GaryMabbuttsKnee Posted Yesterday, 09:39 PM

yeah saw that article in banzai today, the car lost 8 bhp at 2000rpm but gained 6 bhp at 5500rpm, and no change in the midrange - whats the point of that??!!

What is this Banzai magazine? from what you two guys have said about it, it sounds like a bunch of wallys in the same style as 'Sad 'n' Sour' (Max Power) Magazine.

and loose your wallet a few ££'s....

TDI's inventory is pretty good but damn they're expensive :(

Banzai is a uk publication jap car mag.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links