Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hyper Sports And Racing

veilside_mr2

im going to see these guys on saturday to find out whats wrong with my car, its like 3 hours from me but im gettin so ****** off i dont care i have to travel.

has ne1 dealt with them before?..do they know their stuff?

im going to see these guys on saturday to find out whats wrong with my car, its like 3 hours from me but im gettin so ****** off i dont care i have to travel.

has ne1 dealt with them before?..do they know their stuff?

dude, before you go and visit them, please give brian at powerhouse in derby a call 01332 366588.

he wont take your arm off and shove it up your @sss when it comes to prices, very honest, genuine person and he will save you a packet. he knows his toyota stuff inside out and he's only 60miles from you.

ring him, tell him shaf said he could help. trust me, after you've used him once, you wont go anywhere else :)

he wont need it...... trust me.

whoever says you need a rolling road to diagnose a problem is talking out of their @SSS and is not a true mechanic. sounds like a £60 an hour scam and something like what nobles motorsport in chesterfield will say to you if you give them a ring and say your car isnt running right. that is their standard response to anything without even looking at it.

put it this way when my car was running pants. i started up my car and a mechanic i know, said pistons without even popping the engine lid. he later did a compression check and confirmed. i wanted a second opinion and went to bri, he told me exactly the same thing, the 2 mechanics live 165 miles apart.

lol...... it idles rough, it coughs just before it starts up, there's less pull until the turbo kicks in depending on how many pistons are knackered.

at first mine just idled rough, then when the second went it lost power.

oh and after it idled for a minute once it was warmed up, it would burn oil from the exhaust (blue smoke), until i revved it and it went away again.

what are your symptoms?

it idles and drives fine, but when i try to accelarate, u hear the turbo spoolin etc and the boost guage goes up but just as the turbo tries to kick in it stutters and doesnt accelarate at all...very strange.

i've had similar problems.

mine was caused by loose pipes and dodgy ht leads. should be an easy fix mate.

give bri a ring, dont waste your time going to someone who does not know the mr2 turbo inside out.

ive changed all the ignition parts, leads, plugs , dizzy/rotor , but still no luck.

and ive had 2 garages look at it and cant find any loose pipes or nethin, (although to me it really does feel like a boost leak)

its really strange and annoyin the hell outa me.

do u think he would let me go see him this afternoon?, whats he like with short notice arangements? (or is he booked up for a week or two usually).

thats good then, so if this guy from powerhouse cant figure out the problem hopefully hyper sports can.

he will figure out the problem, or i will give you a tenner :P

ive changed all the ignition parts, leads, plugs , dizzy/rotor , but still no luck.

and ive had 2 garages look at it and cant find any loose pipes or nethin, (although to me it really does feel like a boost leak)

its really strange and annoyin the hell outa me.

do u think he would let me go see him this afternoon?, whats he like with short notice arangements? (or is he booked up for a week or two usually).

damn bad luck, i was sure this would cure things, (ignition components) :(

well having just seen mr trev we have just ruled out the following:

afm, engine, turbo.... they are all working fine.

safc didnt help, so we unplugged that.... made no difference.

next on the list is igniter and coil pack which may have got burnt out by the fcd being wired up the wrong way..... to be continued in a fortnights time :)

all in all a pretty !Removed! annoying day lol, solved some problems (ecu code and stupid intake pipe hole), but still the main problem remains...hmm.

a friend of mine who`s uncle is a mechanic said do a compression test?..whats a compression test and may this be the problem? (is it cylinder compression?, pistons etc???)

all in all a pretty !Removed! annoying day lol, solved some problems (ecu code and stupid intake pipe hole), but still the main problem remains...hmm.

a friend of mine who`s uncle is a mechanic said do a compression test?..whats a compression test and may this be the problem? (is it cylinder compression?, pistons etc???)

Hi Mate,

You can get a compression tester from Halfords if you aint got one, you basically unscrew a spark plug at a time and screw in this tester, crank the engine over a few time and this reads the pressure in each cylinder.

Hope this helps

Dave

all in all a pretty bloody annoying day lol, solved some problems (ecu code and stupid intake pipe hole), but still the main problem remains...hmm.

lol, you dont need a compression check mate cos your engine ticks over fine. im sure bri will do that as well wont take more than 10 mins to do.

you basically pull out the ht leads and stick the compression tester in the gap (where the spark plugs are) and it gives a reading on each cylinder. the mr2 should give a reading close to 200psi or something per piston/ cylinder.

if it was your pistons, you would lose power lower down the range..... not when your turbo came into play.

..... glad to see you got home ok :D

I ORDERED A replacement hks filter from them it took over a week to come when it got here it had a 1st class stamp on it when they told me it would be sent recorded.

wouldnt use them again.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links