Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Who's The Proud Daddy Of A Mr2 Gts Tubby

dudeone

Hi All,

Just home from collecting my MR2, ive been up since 3am and driving since 4, ive covered nearly 600 miles today but its all worth it and I would do it again.

I have been to collect my car from Seymour Pope in Flamstead, I cannot say enough good things about Phil, basically he has sorted me out with a top car at an exceptional price and anything ive needed or wanted to know he's been there and told me or sent me the info ASAP or quicker.

I LOVE my tubby :group-cuddles: :wub:

Dave :thumbsup:

Hi,

Also meant to say acceleration :eek::thumbsup: :D B)

Who went from front wheel drive cars to an MR2? I found it very strange the drive home on the M1 today in my tubby not just because I couldn’t stop using the turbo so I could feel the power and hear the induction sucking in air and then the whoosh of the dump valve, but the steering took some getting used to I must say.

So how long before you start driving even sillier than normal???

Dave

Is it just me or after driving a FWD car and then jumping in a RWD feels kinda snakey, so how soon does it take to get used to the rear wheel drive and the driving sensation.

you will get used to the handling after about 6 months. it will be laods of fun.

in terms of the turbo spool and putting the power down, you will grow used to it, but it will always put a huge grin on your face, even after 3 years of driving..... it did for me :D

you will get used to the handling after about 6 months. it will be laods of fun.

in terms of the turbo spool and putting the power down, you will grow used to it, but it will always put a huge grin on your face, even after 3 years of driving..... it did for me :D

When we picked it up this morning our first jurney was out of the village where phil lives so we went very canny down the country lanes, when we hit the main road I had my first chance of putting down the power and my mate just clung on for dear life and then we stared grinning like idiots, we had a long but very enjoyable drive home doing that.

Dave

lol, reminds me when i got mine and took a mate out for a spin. on a long straight, i opened her up and his face went a pale white and he clung onto the dash scared out of his wits, begging me to slow down..... i only put my foot down for a couple of secs from 0-40mph :D

I went from a FWD corrado with amazing un-stickable handling to the mr2 and i was tail out all the time for the first few weeks!!

Just couldn't get used to how differently it handles

I bought mine in march and i'm still paranoid if the roads are even slightly damp that i'll end up facing the wrong way :unsure:

Enjoy the new car mate and be safe.

:group-cuddles:

useless.gif

Glad to hear you got one now.

Makes me want my T BAr even more  :(

Hi,

I keep trying to add pics to this thread but it wont let me keeps saying something like there too big or delete other links?????

I have used Photo suit to shrink them but it still says the same anyone tell me what the problem is???

its 9:08 just washed and dried the car now to set about stripping the contaminates off her and then waxing her

Dave

The drive home after youve bought one is always the best! I travelled about 600miles for mine aswell and came from FWD so I know how it feels mate! You'll get used to the handling eventually, but as everyone keeps saying be careful around this time year, this be MR2 hunting season...

Enjoy :D

I'm pleased for you mate.

Keep it safe. It will catch you out... even after years it still can.

Don't get lured into a false sense of security!!! :lol:

NEED PICTURES... :D

dude - glad to see you got one -

I remember first time i got into a RWD it was like :eek: You'll ove it especially if u get used to letting it go a bit wide here and their :D BUT BE CAREFUL :thumbsup:

Rash.

:ph34r: --Thread Hijacked-- :ph34r:

Rash... give me a shout when you sell your UK Supra...

:ph34r: --Thread Released-- :ph34r:

Sorry mate - Sold it about 3 weeks ago....

Rash.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links