Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Have I Broke It?

vmail

drive about ten miles to the petrol station, started the car after filling up and the temp light was red, why did it do that?

Did it stay on?

The red light comes on then goes blue if the temperature isn’t high enough, as you know. Is there enough water/coolant in the engine?

Have you been doing 124mph and 0-60 in 8.3 seconds? The engine may be a little warm after that :lol:

More info needed.

stayed on for about 5 secs(from start), did it twice today, coolent was checked 2 weeks ago, it check it again tomoz

I think its supposed to do that. 5 seconds is nothing to worry about i wouldn't have thought. Mine does it for definate in the mornign before it realises its FFFRRRREEEEEEZZZZING!!!! And turns blue. I'll have to see if it does it other times, but im pretty sure that whenever you start the engine, the light goes on red for a few seconds.

BIST (Built In Self Test)

Perfectly normal on start up.........should go out after a few seconds. :thumbsup:

If not, best to get it checked out.

well its not normal cos its never happened berfore, the engine was not cold because I have been driving 10 miles to the petrol station

The NORMAL self test is of the warning lights and the warning systems.

These should light up for a few seconds every time you start your Yaris, whether you have travelled one mile or one thousand miles.

Their purpose is to check that the system is working and that the warning light bulbs have not blown.

This is NORMAL :thumbsup:

well its not normal cos its never happened berfore, the engine was not cold because I have been driving 10 miles to the petrol station

What you ment to say was : "well its not normal cos I never noticed berfore, ... ".

All lights relating to warning systems come on when the ignition is switched from OFF to ON to let you know the system and bulbs are working.

Cheers, Yves.

Maybe because you haven’t noticed before!

the red light stands out, I noticed it from the corner of my eye

the red light stands out, I noticed it from the corner of my eye

hmm usually an eye bath helps.. use warm water though :P

it was back to normal today (blue) coolent level was ok

uve broke your car its kaput scrap it now!

Scrap the fastest 1.3 on the planet? that would be a crime! :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

some new problems, when driving on the motorway either the airbag light or the P/S light switches on after an hour of driving, if I switch off the engine and let the car roll for two minutes and then start the car the car is fine(the lights are off)

could it be a short in the circuit?

take the car to your local garage and get it checked.... if there is a problem with the airbag it could be dangerous... could go off while your driving :(.. not good

seeing as you like driving so much at "124mph" you will need the airbags sooner or later.

then the engine temp will be the least of your problems.

some new problems, when driving on the motorway either the airbag light or the P/S light switches on after an hour of driving, if I switch off the engine and let the car roll for two minutes and then start the car the car is fine(the lights are off)

could it be a short in the circuit?

Hmm you turn you motor off...while on the motorway... so you ermm are coasting...on the motorway...without PS...or usefull brakes... what a :censor:

and if you don't know what to do if you see airbag or whatever warning lights..then you need to sell up and stick with the Bus.

Vipes

The motorway was clear, didnt really want to pull over to the hard shoulder cos it was full of junk

.. if I switch off the engine and let the car roll for two minutes and then start the car the car is fine(the lights are off)

And you wonder why some peeps have a go.. :unsure:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links