Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What Alarm&immob Have You Fitted

dudeone

Just a thought as I remember this discussion in another car forum....

...isn't the 'add on' Clifford turbo timer not Thatcham approved thereby fitting it to the alarm null and voiding the Thatcham approval?

Maybe I'm thinking of the auto start or both.

I never remember the out come of that debate though.

Just a thought as I remember this discussion in another car forum....

...isn't the 'add on' Clifford turbo timer not Thatcham approved thereby fitting it to the alarm null and voiding the Thatcham approval?

Maybe I'm thinking of the auto start or both.

I never remember the out come of that debate though.

Hi,

You is correct there mate according to one of the alarm fitters and Thatchem if you run a turbo timer this then cancels the cat status.

I have gone with the Toad AI606 unit in the end due to problems, I will run the TT and after it’s finished then set the system.

I am actually upgrading this system from the Cat2 Immob I have had fitted to the new Toad system just for my piece of mind, I think if I listed the car as having this on it only lowers the price by less that a tenner big deal hay???

Dave

im having the ai606 fitted wednesday dave in the gt4 , £ 220 cos the bloke is coming to my home , cant be ubikd to hang around durham for 4 or 5 hours on a day off work. have a peek at the adobe download here it lists all the optional extras for the ai606 http://www.tgplc.com/distribution/vtd/secu.../toad_security/

im having the ai606 fitted wednesday dave in the gt4 , £ 220 cos the bloke is coming to my home , cant be ubikd to hang around durham for 4 or 5 hours on a day off work.  have a peek at the adobe download here it lists all the optional extras for the ai606    http://www.tgplc.com/distribution/vtd/secu.../toad_security/

Hi,

Nice one mate :thumbsup: let me know how it goes and what you think of system

Cheers Dave

Earl - who did you use to fit yours? I am in Cardiff and need to get a new alarm sorted but the guys who fitted my last one never got it right  :ffs: - any recommendations would be cool  :thumbsup:

Ed

Sorry Ed, mine was on the car when I bought it. The guys at Uplands on North Road should be able to sort you out though. :thumbsup:

well its fitted , had to buy the 2 stage shock sensor separate at a cost of 38 quid,toad ai606 took the guy 3.5 hours tidy job nothing broken . total cost £ 237 , comes with 2 fobs , built in 2 way immobiliser , small but very loud siren , which can be silenced at the arm stage if needed. all in all i'm very pleased with it up to now. these guys come to your hometown too dave i asked £ 20 call out charge. :thumbsup:

well its fitted , had to buy the 2 stage shock sensor separate at a cost of 38 quid,toad ai606 took the guy 3.5 hours tidy job nothing broken . total cost £ 237 , comes with 2 fobs , built in 2 way immobiliser , small but very loud siren , which can be silenced at the arm stage if needed. all in all i'm very pleased with it up to now. these guys come to your hometown too dave i asked £ 20 call out charge. :thumbsup:

Excellent well pleased I am glad that I had the hick up and went to the Toad system, so what is the 2 Stage Shock sensor for?

Dave

first stage = someone tries entry , it merely bleeps , second offence the alarm sounds off . its a must have cos without it they would actually be in the car before it goes off. :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links