Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla To Be Turbo'd

MSC_Kev

Hi all.

Decided that I would go the turbo route rather then an engine swap and as the $ has fell against the £ and has made the conversion even more appealing as it's dropped the price quite considerably.

Corolla Turbo

I'm ordering through this company, so if anyone has anything to say about them, please let me know as I'll be going with the $2799.99 kit and paying a lot of money with a US supplier.

Shipping is sorted as we are placing an order with another company for our new ICE venture and is being included in that and hopefully as they promised marked up as a gift to avoid the import tax.

I should be recieving the turbo kit within a couple of weeks and will be fitted in the new year.

As far as I'm aware I don't know of another Corolla E10 with a turbo setup and rather then pull the engine out and replace which even with the engines available is still a big job that requires lots of other changes aswell, the turbo route seems an easier option plus a little rare and unique at the same time

I'm changing the wheels for very lightweight 16's with some decent rubber, suspension will be looked into and I'll be converting to rear discs and leaving my uprated fronts and see how I get on with those before looking at a serious brake upgrade.

Any advice or ideas, then all help will be apprieciated.

thanks

Kev :)

cool keep us updated. i have seen these kits and thought about it over a conversion (my car has only done 25k dont really want an engine with questionable history) but i have been put off by a friend who bought a turbo kit for a civic and then had some problems fabricating some parts (pipes manifold etc) cos the kit was for a LHD (obviously) keep us updated with progress reports :thumbsup:

Yep that's me crazy nutter! lol

Yes I have the 4a-fe engine, well even if it's only just above 200bhp it's still going to be quick.

I'll just have to get it fitted, mapped on the rollers and see what we get :thumbsup:

Talk about being excited :o lol!

Kev

Been informed by a TOC member that the company in the US have let people down with turbo kits for others cars with poor quality and parts missing.

so I'm not sure if I will be getting it now, I may take the risk because if I get the turbo, intercooler, exhuast manifold, pipework then that will cover the bulk of it.

To get those parts fabricated in the UK will be expensive and the kit is only $2,799

available from here

click me

hmm what to do :ffs:

Kev

arghhhh! lol :wacko:

I think I will wait until after the new year, I will be using my credit card to pay, so if all goes wrong I'll have some come back.

hey the $ may drop more then too lol

lol thanks Knowlson, give you some competition if I got it fitted ;) hehe!

Kev

They do a Paseo kit as well but I seem to remember hearing similar stories of people not being happy etc.

I wouldn't mind knowing if they are an option though? :huh:

Looking at the site again I remember my mate peter looking into these they where very vague on if it would fit the 4afe............... but if it did work you would be a hero dude :lol:

And a couple of people would follow you if you did it :thumbsup: You know you wanna be a trend setter :D

That seems to be the only problem with buying from abroad, I mean its not as if you can just pop down there if somethings wrong

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links