Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Drunk Driver

~Rach~

I'd heard in passing today about a woman who'd been involved in a crash due to a drunk driver, and she was in hospital because of it. And to top it off, she was a mother of 2 young children.

I mentioned it to my manager in passing today, and was suprised when she turned round and told me it was her manager from the pub she works at on weekends that had been the drunk driver!

Apparently, he had sat and drunk 14-15 pints before deciding he wanted to go see his bit on the side (while his missus was at home). So off he goes in his car, even though everyone told him not to drive. Roads were icy, and he was travelling through dark country lanes at over 85mph. He takes a bend rather to sharply, skids, and starts to spin. Little does he know but in the process of skidding, he takes the back end of a fiat out, sending the car spinning 360 and it lands on its roof in a large ditch.

It took over 2 hours to get the woman safely out of the other car, whereas he walked out unharmed. The woman was in a critical condition last we heard.

Hes now been charged with driving without due care and attention, driving under the influence of alcohol, and dangerous driving. Also his missus has now left him because she found out about the other girl.

And as my manager put it, heres hoping the t*sser looses his license :censor:

Serves him right for all the things that have happened to him. He's brought it on himself.

Sadly though, it doesn't help that poor woman or her family. Doesn't seem fair, does it?

I hope and pray she recovers.

Lowlife scum :angry:

To be honest if I'd been one of the ones telling him not to drive I'd would've made sure he couldn't ;)

Lowlife scum :angry:

To be honest if I'd been one of the ones telling him not to drive I'd would've made sure he couldn't ;)

I used to work in an office that had a bar in the basement, and worked behind the bar a lot.

I took peoples keys off them more than once.

When the guy was trying to leave, my manager and her collegues tried to get his keys but threatened to sack them if they did (and yes, he would have sacked them as hes like that) :(

Was the bit on the side fit ?

Is she now available for sober drivers?

I hate pisshead drivers .. it's just so %$(ing wrong ..

Its so wrong that innocent people pay the price for other peoples idiotic actions. If my GF and little girl were in a crash caused by a drunk driver Id want to personally hunt him down and kill him.

what a *****. check this i work with an idiot who drives to work at six in the morning sometimes still ******, in the dark with sunglasses on. he's even done it in the fog. ******.

He should be charged with attempted murder.

Punishment? A very long term in jail...

Damn right :censor: :censor:

he will lose his license for sure , maybe 3 years with a small fine , or 18 months with a huge fine.14 pints ffs and driving , utter madness , best about it is he probably had brewers droop when he met up with this bird on the side. crazy guy , should be shot :ffs:

My ex's cousin was killed by a drunk driver. He was given a 6yr sentence, and served 18months. Is that all a persons life is worth nowadays? :(

the whole justice system stinks rach , from protecting ones property to **** holes drink driving and killing people , seems the innocents suffer , and we all know it for sure. :yes:

Its so wrong that innocent people pay the price for other peoples idiotic actions.  If my GF and little girl were in a crash caused by a drunk driver Id want to personally hunt him down and kill him.

I'm with you on that one.

**** ***** scum.

The punishment just is strict enough to make people think twice. **** ***** scum.

:ffs: :angry:

Its so wrong that innocent people pay the price for other peoples idiotic actions.  If my GF and little girl were in a crash caused by a drunk driver Id want to personally hunt him down and kill him.

What, no torture? I think at least an hours worth would be called for.

in the last place i worked at they told me a story. a few xmas's ago (they have a pub across the road from the office and many of the old codgers spend a few hours in there), a guy got merry in there and got into his car, p1sd as a fart.

went home along country lanes and crashed head on into a tree...... he died.

i think he deserved it, regardless of whether he had a family etc. for someone to get sozzled and not give a fcukkk about anyone else. putting the lives of innocent people at risk for no other reason than them wanting to have a drink, deserves nothing less than death. i have no sympathy or time for these people, they are scum!

People who do that make me so mad  :ffs:

he should have his license taken away permanently

nah, he should be dead too.... i have no time for absolute p1sss heads who go out, get mashed and then think that gives them the right to act like a complete knobbb to everyone else they meet on the way home. bunch of :censor: if you ask me.... rant over :P

***** take is that he'll prob only get a fine and few points, justice system is so wrong, was readin in paper of a bloke drivin drunk with no tax, mot or insurance, nearly killed a 12 yr old girl(nearly, shes alive) and got off with £70 fine and 100 hours community service, how would the family feel about that? even the judge at the trial said the punishment was a traversty

***** take is that he'll prob only get a fine and few points, justice system is so wrong, was readin in paper of a bloke drivin drunk with no tax, mot or insurance, nearly killed a 12 yr old girl(nearly, shes alive) and got off with £70 fine and 100 hours community service, how would the family feel about that? even the judge at the trial said the punishment was a traversty

I read one like that in the paper, it was worth though. He actually killed someone, whilst being 5x over the limit, but becuase his car had no MOT, Tax or insurance, they did him for that....They seemed to have forgotten that a life was taken.

His Punishment..?

A mere 200 quid fine and 20 hours community service... Where is the justice in that, hes gone and got a car, hes been in it... thats not legal.....hes killed someone... and he gets better off than me (im currently paying 1,200 for insurance right now). The thing that really gets me... If that was me, becuase i have a car, with Tax, Insurance, and MOT for some reason...I would probably get life... ALSO All our insurance premuims are to cover what the SCUM like him crash into...

Oh i forgot to mention...he didnt have a license either..

The goverment is basically crap.....without the government we would have proper justice.... None of that protection marlarky - we could sort them out.

I agree with Shaf...Drink Drivers do not deserve to life, becuase they seem to think they are god, playing with peoples lifes every time they step into a car.

My mate....(not so good mate now :dry: used to get Pee Faced (worst than me) and drive home, on one occassion, i remember him telling me that he got chased by the police, and he had 5 mates in (1 in the boot) :ffs: .

Thats at least 6 lifes he was messing with....

:unsure: bit of a long post sorry..... but this kinda thing REALLY does anger me....Specially becuase people are getting away with it, and the innocents lose everything...

The death sentance needs to bring back, becuase half of our !Removed! tax pays for prisoners to enjoy a nice easy life in prison, no council tax, tv tax, no mortage, no food money etc for them!! We %$(ing pay for that,. WE PAY FOR SCUM TO LIVE...

People who do that make me so mad  :ffs:

he should have his license taken away permanently

nah, he should be dead too.... i have no time for absolute p1sss heads who go out, get mashed and then think that gives them the right to act like a complete knobbb to everyone else they meet on the way home. bunch of :censor: if you ask me.... rant over :P

Yep I agree with that

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links