Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Redundancy

TOYMOTA

Well lucky old me. I've just come into work this morning to find out that the chances are I'm going to be made redundant in the new year along with 3 other coleagues at my office. Another 36 people in the same job across the country are also in the same situation. :unsure:

We have to go through the whole process of re-applying for our jobs again. As if the first time wasn't enough.

On the plus side I suppose it'll mean i'll get a nice pay off after 5 years of service, which in turn will mean i'll be able to get hold of another Corolla GTI :drool: . I miss her SO much.

Anyone else had a nice early Christmas present yet??

And the survey says ERRR,ERRR (if that's how you spell the sound).

I work for Norwich Union (Life & Pensions) in Watford.

I'm willing to bet any money, you work for the health service.

or as a civil servant...

And the survey says ERRR,ERRR (if that's how you spell the sound).

I work for Norwich Union (Life & Pensions) in Watford.

Well it's probably not high on your wish list of desirable jobs but if you ever fancy becoming a postie I can probably help (in Rickmansworth)

Well it's probably not high on your wish list of desirable jobs but if you ever fancy becoming a postie I can probably help (in Rickmansworth)

Thanks for the offer, but I'm gunna be looking for something a little closer to home. It takes me an hour and a half to get to work every morning as it is.

Thanks for the offer, but I'm gunna be looking for something a little closer to home. It takes me an hour and a half to get to work every morning as it is.

Not at 4.30 am in a Supra it won't :ph34r: :D

Not at 4.30 am in a Supra it won't :ph34r: :D

Very true. God, I might even be able to afford one with my redundancy pay off. Should be about £7-8k or so. What's the wages like??

put it this way, my mate used to be a panel beater, and sprayer (which is good in its own right) but he left to be come a postman.

He says hes earning TWICE as much as he did when he was a panel beater....

Which is alot :D

Well my guys get £324 basic including london weighting + £11 difficult recruitment area payment, £12.02 early shift payment, £26.28 guaranteed bonus and £36 guaranteed overtime - so thats £409.30. Most probably top it up with around £80 overtime so average is about £489.00.

It's only £25K a year but you are home by around 2 pm or you can get a second job to boost income.

Well my guys get £324 basic including london weighting + £11 difficult recruitment area payment, £12.02 early shift payment, £26.28 guaranteed bonus and £36 guaranteed overtime - so thats £409.30. Most probably top it up with around £80 overtime so average is about £489.00.

It's only £25K a year but you are home by around 2 pm or you can get a second job to boost income.

HOW MUCH :eek:

Looking for a career change myself, never realised money was that good <_<

Then again, I struggle to get out of bed at 7.00am :D

Money is OK but these numbers are for London - reduce it by about £130 for the rest of the country.

''Then again, I struggle to get out of bed at 7.00am''

5am start needed here my friend - might not suit you !

posties in durham get no where near that or my postie lies :ph34r:

£11 difficult recruitment area payment,

Is that for 'dodgy areas'? :unsure:

Ha no - it's for areas where it is hard to get staff - such as in Herts due to such low unemployment. The payment is made to new people if they haven't left for another job within 10 weeks.

SMW Posted Yesterday, 04:17 PM

Only 25K a year! Only! err I wouldn't mind 25K a year. Where I live (Near Telford) most jobs/employers offer people 10k - 15k a year !!!

SMW Posted Yesterday, 04:17 PM

Only 25K a year! Only! err I wouldn't mind 25K a year. Where I live (Near Telford) most jobs/employers offer people 10k - 15k a year !!!

You have to take into account the fact that the cost of living if more expensive, the closer you live to London. Hence London Waiting payments for people that work inside the M25 (I think). At the moment I get an extra £1725 a year on top of my standard wage for working in Watford.

By the looks of my paysilp I get money deducted for living so far from London... :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links