Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tyres And The Wet Weather

dudeone

Hi,

I have mentioned in my last post "Sideways" about how I slide in this wet weather, so I am really would like to hear peoples thoughts and experiences with different tyres.

As mentioned I have a mix on my car Bridgestone’s' on the front and :ffs: Nankans on the rear's. :o

I looking for a full set of rubber that has excellent qualities in both the dry and the wet so come on everyone now’s your chance to tell me what you have and rate them for me so I can then make a decision on what to buy.

If anyone knows where I can get them cheap would be good, I can get them fitted and balanced no problem so I just need em delivering so mail order here we come.

Tnx Dave :thumbsup:

i ran with goodyear nct 5's on the front and p6000's rear, never had a problem in the wet or dry and found the grip to be superb....

would defo recommend p6000's, f1's or proxies...

www.mytyres.co.uk is worth a look when you get imput back on tyres. nankangs are no good in the wet for a mr2. i had them all round on my celica but it was front wheel drive i found them to be ok.

What nankangs are they???

I used to run EX-500s and they were great tyres!! I liked them because the had a very progresive break away.... -meaning they didn;t suddenly step out on you!!

any tire will let the MR2 slip about in the wet... simply drive more sensibly... lol.

But I would recommend...

Goodyear Eagles

Toyo Proxies

Bridgestone SO3's.

Yeh I agree with you there on any hard acc and your away but in 4th when on a strait????

What nankangs are they???

I used to run EX-500s and they were great tyres!! I liked them because the had a very progresive break away.... -meaning they didn;t suddenly step out on you!!

Hi,

Not sure right at this mo but what ever they are but they stepped out with no warning, I came out of a sharp right hand bend in 4th going slow I then straightened up and started to speed up heavish boot but not full on and we where in 4th and the back end just came round not a major drift but enough to make me go OH S :censor: T.

Dave.

:lol::lol: cant wait for the summer , can you :thumbsup:

Yoy lot don;t want to see the state of the tyres I just took off my car!!

Lets say I have lots of practice at catching the back of an MR2 now!!

I've had Yoko's and Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3's on my car.

The Yoko's were great in the dry. The Goodyears are great all round. They're not quite as good as some tyres in the dry though... like Proxes.

Hi,

Just checked out these tyres Hankook Ventus K102 and they get a good rating in both wet and dry conditions as below, 1 being best & 6 being worst:

TyreTest.com: Average of 28 completed tests

Score: 1-best 6-worst Ø2.4

Grip in dry conditions 1.9

Braking in dry conditions 1.9

Grip in wet conditions 2.8

Braking in wet condition 2.8

Grip in snow 4.7

Comfort 2.6

Tyre noise (in car) 3.0

Tyre noise (external) 2.7

Tyre wear 2.1

Kilometres driven 515.200

Does anyone have any comments about these tyres?

Cheers Dave

Hi,

I am struggling to get a set of 4 tyres due to the different sizes, has anyone got one make on the front and a different one on the rears? I am looking to spend no more that £200 if possible.

For the front i can get I can get:

Kumho 712

Toyo Proxes TS-1

Rears

Hankook Ventus K102

Toyo Proxes TS-1's (expensive)

So I was thinking Kumho's front and Hankook rears.

Looking at the wet and dry figures for traction 1 being best 6 worst the figures for each tyre is:

Kumho 712:

Grip in dry conditions Score 1.4

Braking in dry conditions Score 1.6

Grip in wet conditions Score 3.4

Braking in wet condition Score 3.2

Hankook Ventus:

Grip in dry conditions 1.9

Braking in dry conditions 1.9

Grip in wet conditions 2.8

Braking in wet condition 2.8

Pleas let me know your opinions

Dave

I've just had Nankang's fitted on the rear of mine to match the front. I always think it's best to have similar tread patterns all round. These seem okay for the price I paid but they're not too good in the wet.

Apparently Hankook Ventus are very good tyres.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links