Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

1993 Camry

MGRon

My daughter and son-in-law's 1993 Camry has developed several intermittent electricial problems while driving such as interior dome light going on and off, radio going on and off and changing stations, upper rear brake light going on (only the upper one), and rear door lock working only occasionally.

It is a relatively low mileage vehicle and they want to drive it many more years. Also are looking for the least expensive solution. Any ideas on what to check?

Thanks

• 7 months later...

Hi,

I have the same model 1993 LE with 159,000 miles.

I have had no problems with the electrical so far.

Many other problems however, have occured-

1. Radiator failure $300 aprox

2. CV boot replacement $200 aprox

3. Air conditioning failure. $600 aprox

I can only suggest you check the fuses and that her alternator is functioning properly, maybe there is a faulty wire or to? Your best bet is just to take it in to a mechanic you trust and have him run some diagnostics. It'll help to illustrate what is going screwy in the car.

~ Doing so earily may help prevent further damage to the vehicle.~

Despite the repairs I had to endure and you maybe, this is still a well-worth car.

P.S ask your daughter if she has drivin through any grave yards, with the radio changing stations and all, thats kind of frightening B) Cheers ! ! !

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links