Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Sunstrips

JT

I was thinking of getting one with either a red background, and the toyota Badge and lettering in white or the background white and lettering red. should i bother or are they a bit chavish? and if i should, which combo do u reckon? this is my car (but it has the red stripe all the way through now)

Picture_080.sized.jpg

Down to personal choice. A nice one can look ok. Personally i`ll keep using the sun visors and sunglasses. :thumbsup:

The lines and style of the car look very 'clean'.. I wouldnt mess it up with a Sunstrip..

Invest in some cool 'pimping' shades instead :thumbsup:

Don't do it mate. I think they look total w :censor: k on hatch backs. Kinda like jap styling on non-jap cars :o It's an each to their own type of thing.

IMO, the only cars that look good with them are the ones actually involved in motorsport :thumbsup:

I too have to say I would leave it standard, it's a nice car you have there (which are getting rarer every day). Plus due to it's age it's starting to reach classic status ...your above all the Dwayne and Dwayneta trash / Sad 'n' Sour rubbish.

With cars like that the only visual 'mod' I do is a nice set of aftermarket wheels and keep 'em well polished/clean (along with rest of car); which is what I think youv'e done :thumbsup:

I would never have a sunstrip, the closest I would go is a suntrip shape of window tinting film... so its hardly noticable!!!

I do however on the supra have some text accross the top of the windscreen, plugging my website, but it has no "strip" behind it!

Dont do it! Simple as that.

Theres a bloke not far from me got 2 on his windscreen, top and bottom and he looks out of a gap the size of a letter box! This is on a navy blue F reg Cavalier which is what sunstrips seem popular on along with Metros and other mk2 Astras!

I have Smoked sunstrips on the front and rear windows of my Black rolla E111. The strips gradually fade to clear so its a little more subtle.

I originally intended to put solid black strip but it made it feel like I was looking out the front of an old black taxi cab.

I have to admit that it would make it chavish in white or red.

It's down to your taste and type of strip/colour

I see nothing wrong with it , aslong as its plain and the same colour as the car and its only ONE sun strip it does help alot with the sun side of things too.

I have one, but Im considering taking it off. Its just... I dunno I liked it at first. If you get one have a very slim one with perhaps a toyota logo on.

the general concensus seems to be not to get one then. (if that wasnt enough, my mind was made up today when i passed a blue G reg micra with matching sunstrip, and ridiculous tail pipe trim! :P )

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links