Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fishing

Gareth B

Could somebody please tell me what drives people to go and sit on the foreshore in horrendous weather,cold and rain in the hope that they might catch a fish.

Maybe it's because I used to work on a trawler but I just don't get it.

Sitting on the bank of a river in the sun with a couple of tinnies in the summer yes, but getting thrashed by wind, rain and sea spray at 3am huddled up with your mates and nobody talking because you can't prise you frozen jaw open and mostly going home empty handed just doesn't make sense.

I am resisting the temptation when I am working nights in my warm control room watching them to pop up Tesco's and buy a nice Sea Bass and going down to them saying " here you are lads have this on me and ffs go home and cuddle up with the wife in your nice warm bed"

Maybe that's just it, they are trying to get out of having to share the bed with their wife or convince her that they are fishing every night and that's why they keep coming home at 5am smelling of fish!

most often i think it's just they'd prefer to sit in the cold & wet than with their wives

probably no less frosty an atmosphere :)

Gareth B Posted Today, 10:53 AM

Could somebody please tell me what drives people to go and sit on the foreshore in horrendous weather,cold and rain in the hope that they might catch a fish.

Maybe it's because I used to work on a trawler but I just don't get it.

I'm not in to fishing but ...what drives people to drive old/timer cars in the winter that break down in horrendous weather, cold and rain ...idiots like me!

I'm not in to fishing but ...what drives people to drive old/timer cars in the winter that break down in horrendous weather, cold and rain ...idiots like me!

At least we have the AA/RAC!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links