Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

One For The Unichip People

dj_davo

so you get the unichip fitted and tweak your settings.

up your boost, alter your timing, get rid of fuel cut, delimit, get some nice power increases and maybe even more mpg, but does it get rid of that annoying cold boost thing when you only get 3/4 boost if the outside temperature is less than 4 degrees? :angry:

if so, there is another reason why i must buy one soon. :rolleyes:

any answers peeps, jim?

yea it can get rid of it..just tell em an theyll do it. Y know I forgot how the tubby does that...explains why performance was noticably different a couple of freezing nights ago duh!

cheers matey :thumbsup:

i really gotta get a unichip! and refurb those split rims sat in the garage too :rolleyes:

cant decide whether to do it soon, or wait until the spring for both projects,.......... :unsure:

Getting either an mbc or ebc & disabling the vsv will bypass that feature though.

Cheers

KiwiMR2

apart from a complete aftermarket replacement ECU.. it's the best money can buy.

... along with the GReddy eManage. :thumbsup:

we used to have this disscussion all the time on the rs owners forums, give stu a call i think you will be pleased with the results,

they are now part of team reyland and have also done most of the work for redlines skyline r33 includind some one off electronic mods for it!

i think the way they've been banned from the mini cooper cup series, even though aftermarket management is allowable in the rules speaks volumes.

i'm intending on getting a unichip in jan, few things i want to know are how the boost module works? as i'm considering just fitting a grainger valve to control the boost then the actually unichip will only cost £450 inc mapping goes up to £700 with boost module.... hum

Also where to get it done? I would have taken it to Owens but have been told they don't do them anymore..? Millway was the other option or is there somewhere better with in 100 miles of oxford?

who has been banned? unichip?

yeah the leading car in the series had a unichip fitted, then most of the way through the series they decided that the unichip was an unfair advantage and banned it.

cool, i dont dispute that they are good, its just that we had many members who went with different tuning companys, unichips were v expensive and didnt seem to perform as well as some of the cars that were tuned by differant mapping companies.

if you live near the north west and need an engine map then check these guys out first.

Aye a mappable chip is only as good as the induvidual carrying the job on your car. Me an Jimlad went for it cos its close (only 30 min away for me) And its Dastek UK themselves and the mapping dude has vast experience in the 3SGTE engine (part of mapping WRC team for Toyota). Plus the 3SGTE is prolly the most responsive engine to the Unichip. But I think thats more to do with Toyota vastly underpowering the block from factory to 240bhp so the 2jz didnt look bad with its 280bhp output (also underpowered I should say) Oh emission rules suck!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links