Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Red Light...

Missy

He's a some usuless info for you.

A bloke in Northwich (my town) was the first person to convert his car to run on vegetable oil permantly.

I've seen him going round to all the takeaways and McDonalds to collect the oil. I think he get's the oil free too,

but he has to add some additives (pennies aparently) and he should (by law) then inform the Tax man aswell.

I thinkit's also possible to run a car on vodka. That could cause a few dilemas at the garage...one for me, one for the car, one for me.....err, I need a lift home.

You've got a RED low fuel light? Am sure mine is yellow/amber. My car is a UK car, so I don't know if they are different to Jap and US ones. I THINK mine is yellow neway. It's only ever come one once, and that was when I went to see it initially. So I can't even remember what color it is exactly, but am sure it WAS yellow. At the very minimum, I put fuel in when it gets down to the 1st white line, just above the low fuel area.

the tank is 55 litres. when the red light comes on you have 15 litres left. yes 15 :eek:

and the light is.......Orange :)

Heard about the veg oil guy. top man.

Obviously the type of 2 you are driving gives the biggest variation on its fuel consumption but its impossible to say anyway. The light goes on and off depending on the pitch angle of the car so when do you start counting!?

By the way, quote from the owners manual under 3 way cat converter

"Do not drive with an extremely low fuel level; running out of fuel could cause the engine to misfire, creating an excessive load on the converter" !!! smug mode :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links