Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Parkers Price Guide

TRIGGER

:D :D Hi all, i visited parkers there to double check the prices i should be paying for any starlet SR im after, it says

Toyota Starlet

1.3i 3d (SR) 1998/R

Insurance Group 4 (more details)

Average mileage: 60,000 miles

Cost New ('98)

£ 9995

Dealer Retail

£ 2225

Private Good

£ 2015

Private Poor

£ 1455

Part Exchange

£ 1670

what do people think of these prices, you think they are accurate enough or what?, personally i wouldent pay anymore than £2000 for an R plate, whats you views/opinions on this and parkers in general, thx Trigger.

It depends on who you are buying from. Generally enthusiasts will ask for something well above parkers. Then you have sellers who don't really know what they have and there you can get a real bargain.

Private sellers will also have different view of whats good and not. Recently Nicola and I were looking at scoobies for her. Advertisers were saying *mint*, *not a flaw* and *showroom condition*. All were lying. The one Nicola bought in the end had every mark listed in the ad and the seller had overblown them too - there was hardly a mark on the car.

Parkers is only a rough guide and their prices are generally bellow the going rate.

Best thing to do is check the 'Market Value' of a car - See local rags/Autotrader etc etc and see what they are selling for rather than what they are up for...

Rash.

whenever ive looked up a car on parker's guide its always been way off - i think when i checked they rated a mint 1992 Honda CRX VTEC at about £700! its probably worth about £3500! they dont seem to take into account that some cars have a strong following - they just see J reg Honda = Cheap

Hi peeps, i myself think parkers is WAY off car priceing, how much yous think i can pic an r reg SR up for with say around 50000, whats the minimum or maximum price yous think i should be paying for one, takeing into account if its got FSH etc, ie well looked after, thx TRIGGER

Traders use Glasses guide :thumbsup:

we get glasses guide :thumbsup:

Hi all, can you pick glasses guide up from any book shop etc, if so how much it cost?, thx TRIG

No you need to be a registered car dealer.

If you have a local dodgy Arthur Daley type set up he might flog you an old copy for a few quid.

Dealers also flog them on good ole eBay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...4509761177&rd=1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links