Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fog Light Mod For The Rev 3

Roytoner

It shouldnt be too difficult to make that yourself, its only 2 diodes stuck together (make sure you get the right type of diodes tho).

Trying to find out which they are.. :thumbsup:

It shouldnt be too difficult to make that yourself, its only 2 diodes stuck together (make sure you get the right type of diodes tho).

Trying to find out which they are.. :thumbsup:

The diode on the left looks like a Zener Diode which is strange because 3A is quite a lot to be putting through this sort of diode. Also I'm not sure why a Zener diode would be used in this circuit.

I've done this on our rev 4. I used half a full wave rectifier (cut off one leg) but you can use any 5 amp diodes. Maplins do them for less than a quid. You defintely don't need a Zener - what would be the point? The lamps you are connecting to don't need a reduction in voltage.

you could of warned me it's a PDF file. :(

My PC has a damn fit every time one of them tries to load up :rolleyes:

looks like a good idea. :D

Stu It's a PDF File !! :P :P

Been to Maplins and got the parts, If anyone wants the part #

Diodes X 4 UK59 P600A = £1.96 , Strip Board to for them on ..

JP46 =£0.99

ive noticed my cluster has only single filament bulb fitments for the fog, and a dual fillament for the brake/sidelight

obviuosly i need a dual filament fitment to make it japstyle i believe? so why does my car not have a second connection in there?

is there something wrong there as i want to do this aswell and while mines tucked away im gonna get it done

yeah, you'll need another set of dual filament holders/bulbs for the centres ..

does that mean i need the little loom thing that plugs in the back??

as it dont look like you can just change the holders

does that mean i need the little loom thing that plugs in the back??

as it dont look like you can just change the holders

I just changed the holders. I had some left over from my clear corners, US stylee dual filament holders, they plugged in with only a minor tweek. They had no wires attached but 5 minutes with a soldering iron and I was in business.

Or do what I did and pop to Rogue systems and ask Patrick & Matt to set them up for you at the same time as the US red reflectors.

hmm

still a tad confused :lol:

so i defo need to do a bit of fiddling

trip to rogue maybe in order me finks :P

i'm looking to do this mod for my Lexus lights aswell....

can't you just split the wires going into the existing brake light holder, get another holder and plug that in on the splitted wires?

or they don't get enough power that way?

• 3 weeks later...

the diode-module in that wiring schematics, is there anyone here that could say what it is basically?? it splits it up so you get the brake light to the former fog light buld

hmm

still a tad confused :lol:

so i defo need to do a bit of fiddling

trip to rogue maybe in order me finks :P

If you wanna pop over to Huthwaite some time, I'll show you how I did ours.

i'm looking to do this mod for my Lexus lights aswell....

can't you just split the wires going into the existing brake light holder, get another holder and plug that in on the splitted wires?

or they don't get enough power that way?

Just use two 5 amp diodes mate. Wire the two inner brake lights in parallel and connect one diode between your outer and inner set. Connect the other diode from your fog light feed to the inner brakelights.

Just use two 5 amp diodes mate. Wire the two inner brake lights in parallel and connect one diode between your outer and inner set. Connect the other diode from your fog light feed to the inner brakelights.

So exactly like the wiring schematics in the pdf file shows then?

On a side note....does anyone else find their PC goes ultra slow when scrolling down with Christine and Paul's signature avitar? My pc is fine on the rest of the site and infact the rest of this thread, but at soon at I get to one of the C&P posts, the whole thing slows right up and has to take a few seconds to think before scrolling more, then you've scrolled too much so you have to wait for it to catch up to scroll back again LOL

stef

PM me ya moby or somat and ill give you a bell once the cars ready to go again :thumbsup:

So exactly like the wiring schematics in the pdf file shows then?

Yep that's right, I added a switch in between the inner and outer brakelights. Some of the MOT test centres over here get a bit mardy if the middle two lamps are dual function. So if the tester complains, I flick the switch for the test.

Jaxx - PM sent

• 1 year later...

sorry for dragging up an old topic :rolleyes: :D :drool:

but has anyone got the wiring diagram PDF D/L from the first post? :unsure:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links