Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My Car Has Baffled Toyota

Vlad_E

well that wouldn't be too hard would it :P

Its been at Mr T's workshop for a week now and its still not getting a spark.

They've changed the distributor (£345), coil pack (£85), ignitor (£180), ECU (£900) :eek:, and they've checked the wiring loom and still nothing. :crybaby:

:wacko:

-Dale

does the dizzy run a cog from the cam shaft , maybe its the problem ???? just a wild idea.

does the dizzy run a cog from the cam shaft , maybe its the problem ????  just a wild idea.

The rotor is turning nicely, im sure theres not even a spark coming from the coil now.

If anyone could explain to me exactly how the igition works on these cars in terms of which part goes to the next part, i'd be grateful. i've just run out of ideas

Ello bud.. hows tricks?..

Thats the reason you cant make the meet on Sunday.. :(

Hope she gest fixed soon!.. :)

Ello bud.. hows tricks?..

Thats the reason you cant make the meet on Sunday.. :(

Hope she gest fixed soon!.. :)

Hi Fizz,

Yep thats the reason :( at the moment im trying to get a courtesy car but with no luck :rolleyes:

it better get fixed soon, im having withdrawl symptoms :lol:

On the wild ideas front..... What about the engine earthing strap??

It has been checked.

Whats the best way to say make a better temporary contact? Say get a jump lead, put one end on the car body (earth point) and the other end to the engine???

Or is there a better way :huh:

Yeah. That`ll work. Be better going direct from the Battery earth terminal, if you`ve got a long enough lead. :thumbsup:

Try to connect it to something steel on the engine. (Better conductor) Not the ally. A good size bolt head or lifting bracket would be fine.

Yeah. That`ll work. Be better going direct from the battery earth terminal, if you`ve got a long enough lead.  :thumbsup:

Try to connect it to something steel on the engine. (Better conductor)  Not the ally. A good size bolt head or lifting bracket would be fine.

Thanks daktari, ill mention it to toyota on Monday, because they're not working on it over the weekend :rolleyes:

I am thinking it is the wiring due to the lack of error codes and it snowed heavily the night before, but the wiring ive seen looks fine.

Cheers for the help :thumbsup:

Is the car fitted with an immobiliser?? Maybe thats playing up if it has.

nah, thats what we thought too, but its just got the stock Toyota Alarm. And it doesn't look like theres anything thats been added to the loom

as the wiring from the dizzy to ecu has no other connections in it check for continuity in the wires. odd question but have the plug leads been swaped for known good items?and have you checked the carbon electrode in the cap? wouldnt trust toyota to have checked the simple items. know of a GT4 that went to a mr t dealer to cure a non starting fault, the told the owner that it was going to cost £2000 as it needed a new engine loom. it arrived with most of the interior in bits, fuseboxes hanging out, and bits of wiring cut. fault turned out to be a faulty fuel pump resistor pack

Toyota really are a bunch of usless :censor:ing fitter spanner monkeys!!!!

odd question but have the plug leads been swaped for known good items?

plugs and HT leads are 4 months old. NGK platinum, Magnecor HT. But there isn't a spark going to the dizzy now so its not that

fault turned out to be a faulty fuel pump resistor pack

I can smell fuel and the plugs are getting wet so they seem good.

I dont suppose you know how exactly the igniton works?

Thanks

odd question but have the plug leads been swaped for known good items?

plugs and HT leads are 4 months old. NGK platinum, Magnecor HT. But there isn't a spark going to the dizzy now so its not that

fault turned out to be a faulty fuel pump resistor pack

I can smell fuel and the plugs are getting wet so they seem good.

I dont suppose you know how exactly the igniton works?

Thanks

faulty king lead

Is the engine turning over and just not firing up??? if so get them to check the timming - we had a customer with a simular problem and we checked everything - turned out the timing belt slipped 8 teeth!!!

Worth a try I guess,

matt.

Is the engine turning over and just not firing up??? if so get them to check the timming - we had a customer with a simular problem and we checked everything - turned out the timing belt slipped 8 teeth!!!

Worth a try I guess,

matt.

The engine is turning over fine, the rotors moving and I can smell the fuel

:eek: Really :eek: but there would still be a spark at the coil/dizzy/plugs wouldn't there? :blink: Please tell me more......

edit - just to say the cambelt was changed back in May by my Mr T.....

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links