Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Water Pump Problem

BLOODUK

Remember i was talking about the squeeling and the noises? and people said its my alternator bearing or belt well it wasnt i had the belt tightened this morning, and the noise got louder i then noticed as the noise got louder water was dripping from underneath the car which means the pump or bearing needs fixing.

So i should get it sorted next week.

Ok car is going in a week wednesday and all belts will be checked what really pisses me off is Flux insurance wanted to charge me £150 - 200 just to be a named driver on my mums insurance to drive the 1.5 civic for a week!!!!!!

!Removed! insurance companies are a rip :censor: :censor:

Typical insurance company. They wanted to double my insurance to add my partner because she hadn`t driven for 3 years and had lost her full no claims. Bandits. :ffs:

Ok car is going in a week wednesday and all belts will be checked what really pisses me off is Flux insurance wanted to charge me £150 - 200 just to be a named driver on my mums insurance to drive the 1.5 civic for a week!!!!!!

!Removed! insurance companies are a rip  :censor:  :censor:

Hi,

Is that as a named driver or as a TAD (temporary additional driver) you can usually get TAD cover for min money, each company is different and they charge different rates but £150-£200 is taking the :ffs:

Dave

Hey Blood, did you get your water pump changed out yet? My car went into Millway yesterday, to get the cambelt replaced again. And they found out what the problem was to cause the 2nd belt to go so quick. Yup, that's right, my waterpump needed changing out, cos he bearing/pulley wheel was as loose as a crack ho!! Thing is tho, it wasn't leaking, but the wobbleyness of the pulley and the tension of the tensioner was causing the cambelt to 'rock' side to side, rubbing against the cambelt cover, and eventually going on vacation. The water pump cost 114+VAT from CAF. <<motor factors. They changed the cambelt, fitted left hand brake cable, water pump, oil change. Cost me near enough 470 quid all in!!!

Next wednesday they are very good though its a huge wharehouse for cars sometimes taking just a day to get an engine out and back in again , anything from high performance cars to lower ones. Im hopeing its done by thursday apparantly they have SO many cars in with problems because of the damp weather.

Water pump is buggered, getting replaced tomorrow should have car back tomorrow afternoon :crybaby: will be nice to get it replaced its whats caused all the noises and squeeling as i expected, oh and new Fast road pads too :yes:

Water pump is buggered, getting replaced tomorrow should have car back tomorrow afternoon  :crybaby: will be nice to get it replaced its whats caused all the noises and squeeling as i expected, oh and new Fast road pads too  :yes:

Glad to hear you will soon be back on the road, :thumbsup:

was with out ours for all last week while being resprayed like losing a foot :crybaby:

Hi Fella,

Well pleased that you will be back on the road, ive been driving around in my Micra all week, wow what a car <_< ;) roll on a dry day so I can get me baby out for a spin. :thumbsup:

Dave

Hi Fella,

Well pleased that you will be back on the road, ive been driving around in my Micra all week, wow what a car <_<  ;) roll on a dry day so I can get me baby out for a spin. :thumbsup:

Dave

Thanks

Ive been driving the car most of the time, when its not being repaired or sprayed

the roads are so fun :wacko:

wooopeee Car is done , new brake Fast road Pads and a brand new water pump apparantly the old bearing on the pump was nearly about to fail totaly so

all in two days work but the problem is my dad has to pick it up as im now going on holiday.

Back on sunday! ill miss my car :crybaby:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links