Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Wind Noise Above 60

dudeone

Hi,

Before anyone asks no ive not been on a curry or munching through a tin of beans etc, anyways took her out this morning and we had a very annoying TW*T in a Mondeo plaguing me so I booted her and he just disappeared.

So three figures later and this is the fastets ive evre taken her since buying her last week and I get this noise all of a sudden from the front end which would have sounded like a blowing exhaust if I was front engine mounted.

Anyway I slow right down to 50 and its gone, we headed home and as soon as I get to say 60 the howling starts and builds up louder the faster I go, I know its wind noise and its coming from the drivers front end, would any open know what I need to look for?

Ive had a quick look and there’s nothing fallen off or looks loose the inner wheel/SH*T shield is in place and nothings loose any ideas?

Cheers Dave

Check underneath. There are some plastic panels covering the brake pipes and stuff. They could have worked loose. :thumbsup:

indicate pull over , let the pests pass , save it for a scooby or evo ;)

Yeah, probably the panels underneath.

The clips are exposed to the weather and can corrode. You won't notice it by just prodding. It will appear pretty firm, but when you get a fair force of 70mph+ air going at it, it can lift (downwards!!! :wacko: ).

...and then there's probably your wind noise from your wing mirrors/tweeter covers. That's not enough noise to make you think blowing exhaust though.

Let me know when you do find out... I'd be quite interested.

Hope you get it sorted.

:thumbsup:

Problem Solved :D :lol::thumbsup:

Basically the shield under the front splitter had dropped down, a simple job to fix and hay presto back to engine roar hiss and suck in me ears oh happy days B)

Now for the serious stuff :beer:

Dave

Problem Solved :D  :lol:  :thumbsup:

Basically the shield under the front splitter had dropped down, a simple job to fix and hay presto back to engine roar hiss and suck in me ears oh happy days  B)

Dave

so when u puttin a stereo in?

Problem Solved :D  :lol:  :thumbsup:

Basically the shield under the front splitter had dropped down, a simple job to fix and hay presto back to engine roar hiss and suck in me ears oh happy days  B)

Dave

so when u puttin a stereo in?

Me car came into the UK with a Sony face off mini disk but no aerial, I am waiting on an aerial to arrive but I have no mini disk's to play. ;)

Anyway with the engine note I get from my babe who needs mucic!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Dave

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links