Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Woaaa Watch That Back End

BLOODUK

I had taken my car over to a friends to show off the spoiler and respray and felt the car was terribly laggy it just wasnt boosting or idling correctly, before i left for back home i wondered if an ecu reset would work because when i had picked the car up from the respray the Battery was abit dead and for some reason my car goes into safe mode after the Battery has been put back in after a full recharge.

ANYWAY it felt SO much quicker it was boosting like a beast and a few times of raw acceleration i felt the back end slide as it tried to grab the road and pull, As i was nearly home we have a slight tight turn that goes up a hill, i hit the accelerator abit to hard and the back end almost went competely out luckily i only did this when nobody was about dont risk that when drivers come the other way.

As the back end swang to the right i put myself into auto control mode i felt like i was going to do a 360 spin or slam up the pavement but i didnt i was suddenly facing forward in full control. I felt the biggest rush like WOW , yes i controlled it maybe the roads are abit greecy tonight or something but damn slide heaven.

:wacko::lol:

Falcone's i think its spelt like that , i just wanted to feel what it was like down some back end road near my house and boy did i feel it. :o

get some decent tyres on there before you lose it and waste all that time and effort....

ermm their fine had the car for a year now , first time the back end went abit funny on a greecy road any turbo can have the back end come out what ever tyres you use.. its if you control the car that counts.

Lol. It's nice when you're in control but otherwise it's scary. My back end seems awful in the wet but then I only have budget Nankang tyres.

Lol. It's nice when you're in control but otherwise it's scary. My back end seems awful in the wet but then I only have budget Nankang tyres.

The road was crap even my dad mentioned it , it was like oil

Ive had my car round roundabouts at rather hard acceleration and not lost the back end must be the weather conditions atm damp!

Falcone's i think its spelt like that , i just wanted to feel what it was like down some back end road near my house and boy did i feel it.  :o

you mean Falken?

Falcone's i think its spelt like that , i just wanted to feel what it was like down some back end road near my house and boy did i feel it.  :o

you mean Falken?

I think so :unsure::wacko: :D

i think its cool when you feel a slight understeer on the corner, i now know this is a sign that major oversteer will be following!

v fun if your ready for it!

I thought a tail end slide was an every day occourance on MR2s? its part of the fun of owning the thing!!

I thought a tail end slide was an every day occourance on MR2s? its part of the fun of owning the thing!!

Nope it depends on road conditions , tyres suspension setup... but as you said its all part of the fun :P

I was driving home from work last night. Roads were dry, possible slightly frosty. Came round a corner... zero boost. I actually got round the corner, when all of a sudden the whole car went.

Not just the back end. Front and back, it felt as if someone had pressed it down in the middle and span the car. Luckily, somehow I managed to correct it, but it was scary.

I was driving home from work last night. Roads were dry, possible slightly frosty. Came round a corner... zero boost. I actually got round the corner, when all of a sudden the whole car went.

Not just the back end. Front and back, it felt as if someone had pressed it down in the middle and span the car. Luckily, somehow I managed to correct it, but it was scary.

Now's the time to learn to drift Jimbo :lol:

I've got the crappest tyres in world on at the moment as my standard 14's are on for the winter. I paid £30 a corner for the tyres (can't even pronounce the name) from MyTyres.co.uk, and they stick like !Removed! to a blanket :blink:

The MR2 has lots of understeer which can be irritating as it feels like the car is going to lose it mid-corner on many occasions, especially in the wet. My previous FWD cars felt more stable. Apparently it's best to accelerate gently into the corner with no sudden braking, I do this but it still feels a bit unstable at times.

This is probably the only negative aspect of the MR2, everything else about the car is great.

Apparently it's best to accelerate gently into the corner with no sudden braking, I do this but it still feels a bit unstable at times.

whoever told you that apparently doesn't know how to drive, enter corner at the speed you want to go round it and keep the throttle where it is maintaining speed then on exiting give a bit of throttle.

Accelerating into corners in MR2's makes them understeer Esp at low speeds.

It was someone on here who said that. Lol. Anyway I'll try to keep a constant speed on the corner now and see how it feels. Hate understeer when going round a long bend on a fast road, feels like the back end is just hanging on.

When I had Falkens on the rear of my MR it was very difficult to keep it from stepping out. As soon as the F1's were fitted no problem at all.

Nicola had Falkens on the rear of her '2 and same thing except being a Rev2 was way worse. As soon as we fitted Toyo Proxi T1-S's it stuck like glue.

I don't rate the Falkens at all especially in this weather.

Take it easy on the bends whilst you still got them fitted - an unexpected boost on a turn will end in tears.

I have noticed when chucking the car intoa corner hard (using weight shifting so you don;t get entry understeer) the car sidesteps too.... mine seems very well balanced (despite the left rear wheel being off track).

Driven properly these little cars have truely amazing handling!!!

thay do reward being thrown into bends, i stick by saying the best money you'll ever spend on making yuor 2 go faster is getting lessons on how to drive it at a track.

If you can be nailing the throttle to the last minute then slam on the brakes (bracing your back on the seat standing on the pedal) then just as you lift off the pedal turning in, and apply throttle to keep the car travelling at the same speed at you entered the corner then theres jack **** that'll keep up.. I have regularly lapped stuck to westfields ubiks, the car can generate massive grip, must admit i'm ****ting my first frosty track day, thats bound to be in on 12th feb :D my experience does admittedly come from nice dry sunny days :D

my experience does admittedly come from nice dry sunny days :D

lmao kinda the same as me... the roads are so horribly damp and greecy atm :wacko:

Its the weather, I have been sideways for hardly any reason lately, its fun but i'm hoping it gets a bit better! Could always slow down a bit though................. :P

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links