Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cd Player Help (elta)

RachaelB

Hi sorry to bother everyone, but i know very little about cd players. I have a Yaris 1.0 with a standard cd player. I have read how to's but still have a few queries. It is an elta cd player if that means anything to anyone and taking the dash off was easy however the cd player will not fit in the slot, what can i do? also i went to Halfords and asked for an ISO plug, but was informed they dont sell compatible ones for yaris' ? Do i need a specific one or will any do? Will i need a new facia to fit it seen as though it wont seem to fit? If i finally do get it to fit will my radio, clock, temp, and fuel thing still work on my display? Thankyou for any help you can give

x

Not sure if i can answer all ur questions but as to the iso, the part u want from Halfords is a PC2-17-4 Car audio connector, this will enable you to connect up all the wires from old into new heaunit, simple plug and go :thumbsup: this can be brought from Halfords for around £11.99

Yes the clock temp and fuel will work but radio wont, chances are ur new cd player will have a radio function..

As for issues of it not fitting i cant understand why it wont, what cd player are you trying to fit?? do you have any picuters?? what model yaris and phase are you trying to fit it 2??

hope this helps

charlie

Thanks for helping with what you can, Bought the plug from Halfords now. The cd player is an Elta 7537, iv managed to get all the dash etc... off but when it comes to placing in the slot the cd player is just slightly too big, tried forcing it but it wont quite fit. Is there any other options aside from buying a new cd player?

Thankyou

x

may seem like a dumb question but somthig 2 consider, and i apologise if i seem patronising but:

1. does the cd player have like an extra layer around it, not ness covering it all, thin metal sheet attaches around the body of the player, if so take this off

2. secondly which way are you puttin the cd player in, put in from the rear so comes through to the front :thumbsup:

um, if that doesnt work mayb get some 1 at Halfords to have a quick look of toyota delership or even a audio fitting store, mayb the case that the unit is to big to actually fit in the dash

best of luck tho

:thumbsup:

Someone else from leeds! Smashing! If you're not already... take it to Halfords on York road, it's bigger and better than the others. Iv read somewhere that you may need to file the edges of the gap away, or even cut them a bit to fit a new head unit.

If you're still stuck, go to a place called unicar on kirkstall road, (big glass place just before fire station heading into centre) as they are the best place by far in leeds for anything to do with cars. They'll get it fitted for you no probs!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links