Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Annual Yaris Meet

Chuck04

Possible locations  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Possible locations

• Wales
    • Birmingham
    • Other... please feel free to make a suggestion

i see kens point alot of you saying your coming to this dont seem to have been to any meets

its like the JAE list i had for 30 yaris' but only about 8 turned up

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kerby

• earpl

• Moffmo

• s0cks

Top Posters In This Topic

i see kens point alot of you saying your coming to this dont seem to have been to any meets

its like the JAE list i had for 30 yaris' but only about 8 turned up

I'll be at JAE this year :D . Didn't have a Yaris at the last one :(

As long as i'm not doing anything on the dates that are decided i should be here, there and everywhere!

if any one is up for it, i know of 113 miles or the most ausome, windy welsh roads, all good surfaced, with the most breathtaking views! i will travel there just to drive these roads all the way from the peak district.

To: Conwy,Conwy

Via: Blaenau Ffestiniog,Gwynd

Dolgellau,Gwynd

Porthmadog,Gwynd

Beddgelert,Gwynd

Betws-y-Coed,Conwy

now peeps if your serious about this and want a good drive out and a damn good day im sure this route can be fully planned (inc, stops, FOOD fuel etc). with even a 1/2 way stop at porthmaddog for a TOC on the beach photo shoot. im not kidding you these roads are ausome, there about as good as it gets in the UK. now CHUCK if your interested in planning this contact me via PM or MSN

(beautywasheronlyC_R_I_M_E@hotmail.com) cause im not sh***ng you this route is ausome. yet for maximum pleasure a dry day would be nice. i cant rave about this route enough!!! the corners are to die for (not really :unsure: ) early in the year would be good as tourists would be down to a minimum, lists of mobile numbers would have to be obtained + cb or PMR radio's for safety reasons. maps showing all local hospitals etc. + chuck mate if your not interested i'll have to organise my own! trust me it cant be missed out!!! I HAVE TO SHARE ITT!!!!!!!! :ffs: :wacko: " Phew i think i need another pie......" sorry about that :)

heres a map of the route, i'll get some better details up too :D

mapp9ls.png

edited by Dawesy On 12/12/04 Please watch your language. Cheers, lee

sounds good mate, They aint really scary are they, coz last thing we need is people who aint used to it to crash ;)

im well interested in this, again, why not make it a weekend trip?

When you said beach shots, do you mean you can actualy go on the beach?

is there a proper fixed date yet?? cos i've some exams in Janurary so i need to revise... :angry: i'm also very interested with this meet.... i would also prefer it if it's not that far away..... Something like Birmingham would be gd... anyway... thats only my suggestion.

That sounds awesome earpl!!!!!!!!!

I LOVE country roads. So much so that I try and leave earlier for work so I can take the country route and not the A road.

Deffiently want to do this. I would recommend March/April. Jan and Feb will be poor conditions and I can't make Feb :(

i cant make feb either :D im in vegas and i dont mean skeg-vagas.

the roads on that route, are generally really wide, and unlike ****ty endland the roads in wales are well surfaced. theres always the chance of crashing, this is why it needs to be well organised. e.g. catchup points every 20 miles or so, + mobile numbers etc, if some one dissapears. theres no harm in looking out for each other.

and if its wanted to be a weekend do, i know a lovely little campsite just west of porthmaddog. toilets arent great but the owner is very nice + its also very cheep for campers ;)

oh and as for the beach, yes you can drive on it, its about 2 miles long. costs about £3 to get on in the day but its usually full of peeps so its best to go later. (DONT DO 90MPH whilst the coastguard is watching as you will get stopped!!!)

but as for a weekend do, i think its a great idea, then you could concentrate on smaller sections of road. but trust me its great out there :)

this is one of my favorate sections.

mapy7ro.jpg

pluss there are a lot of long straight roads on the route.

it would also be worth going from dolgellau to machynlleth as that bit is a good drive i just wasnt sure i people would be willing to do an extra 40 miles.

I have a SERIOUS question.

Is there enough filling stations on the route? Cus the way I drive (whats 4th and 5th gear?) I may need to stop at a few....

Cheers!

You muppets. I meant one big meet where we meet everyone. But we also have smaller localized meets more regularly(spellin?).

I chose Brum (cause its closer to me than Wales!) but I think s0cks idea is good - smaller localised meets sounds better!

Plus eejits like me who cant navigate to save her life have less chance of getting lost!

I'd be up for a Midlands meet - one I get my new Yaris that is! :D

In response to DA's words ... people who can't navigate... just check out greenflag.co.uk. They give route guidance to anywhere with maps and full turn by turn guidance. For some strange reason, i have built in sat-nav in my brain, and a natural compass, so i can find my way to most places, but the greenflag thing is great help!

too right. chuck if you want to try to organise this, i should be on msn for the most of tomorrow.

+ theres fuel stations in most of the towns. the great thing about round there is you cant get lost because its so sparce, the roads just go from town to town.

DA. burmingham is closer to me too. but for serious drivers, this is the place to go ;) i think some of you guys know what i mean. :)

dont mind mate, ur idea seems pretty cool, by the sounds of things u also know the area a lot btr than myself, ( never been) so feel free to organise if u like, im happy 2 help and im sure other will aswell :thumbsup: collective organisation should result in majority of people being happy

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links