Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Et For The Mr2 Sw20?

Razor_Rage

that's odd, i have a rim catalogue here, and it says ET 45 is stock, but thought that can't be right since according to matt @ rogue the best ET for the MR2 is between 35 and 38... would ET 45 rims work tho???

wow.... my supra rims would fit my mr2....

should I want too :yes: also the same as ford probe fitment :lol:

Ford Probe is really a Mazda, at least it's Japanese.

The ET (Eins Tiefe - German, means summat like "in deep/depth" lol) varies acording to the width of rim. It's the distance from the centre line of the rim to the mounting flange and as the rim width increases, manufacturers change the offset so the tyre doesn't rub on the suspension and the steering geometry is minimally affected. The ET is important 'cos you really want that imaginary line drawn through the steering axis to hit the road just inboard of the centre line and for the front wheels to have a little toe in. Dead on the centre line and straight ahead is best for steering response but it feels nasty as the car skips and changes direction with every bump - it feels really skittish and you have to really concentrate - great for a nice smooth track tho.

If your rim is 1/2" (12.7mm) wider than standard, the offset needs to increase by 1/4" (6.35mm) i.e. 35/38 to 42/45mm as you want half that width increase to be either side of the mounting flange.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links