Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rattling Noise

93mr2red

I have a 93 mr2. It makes a rattling noise when you go over bumps. It is getting worse. Some days it won't make it at all and others it is really bad.

any ideas what it could be?

Could be anything from a worn top mount to a lose plastic under tray.. can you describe it a bit better?

Pecks like something is lose. Something metel

Sounds like it is coming from the firewall of the car, because it is like you can feel it under your feet, more drivers side than passenger

Sounds like it could be play in the front shocks or a bush somewhere.. I'm having the same problem but from the back.

Sounds like it could be play in the front shocks or a bush somewhere.. I'm having the same problem but from the back.

do you think it could be the rackin pinnion? spelling may be off

metal sound could be droplinks, cant really tell without havin a look

If it's a metalic rattleing noise from just behind the firewall have a look under the manifold and see if a bit of heatshield hasn't broke off and is lying there. Happened to me worth a try. :thumbsup:

im tried to unbolt my heatshield the other day and manged to shear off one of the bolts so i just left it there held on by the other 2 bolts. Now it sometimes makes a rattling noise at about 2500rpm,doh!! (thought it was the compressor scraping the sides at first :help:)

Whenever i had the rattle a 2500rpm i thought it was the big end bearings :wacko: cause the bearings went so many times on the nissan. :crybaby:

i also have a meallic rattling noise between 2000-2500 rpm...mine comes from the engine bay tho, a loose metal shield getting it tightened up soon enough.

I just go my car back from the shop.

They replaced the sway bar end links.

Still makes the noise, but doesn't seem to make it as often.

Now they want t replace the struts.

I am kind of leary of replacing the struts because they are expensive and I feel they are throwing parts at me.

What do you think

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links