Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Back To Boost

Hedgehog Dodger

I have had to be pootling along in my car for the last 3/4 weeks due to a hole in my exhaust manifold, where the external wastegate bracket ripped the weld clean off!! :angry: Also an oil leak coming from the oil feed to the turbo where the pipe had split.

So no boost at all otherwise oil would spurt everywhere!

Oil pipe fixed and exhaust fixed and now its all back to normal..........its good to hear my External Wastegate screaming at me again :thumbsup::thumbsup:

All I need to to is buy a strong spring/WG and crank the boost right up.....did anyone say 2.5 bar :D :D ;) :thumbsup:

I have had to be pootling along in my car for the last 3/4 weeks due to a hole in my exhaust manifold, where the external wastegate bracket ripped the weld clean off!!  :angry:  Also an oil leak coming from the oil feed to the turbo where the pipe had split.

So no boost at all otherwise oil would spurt everywhere!

Oil pipe fixed and exhaust fixed and now its all back to normal..........its good to hear my External Wastegate screaming at me again  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

All I need to to is buy a strong spring/WG and crank the boost right up.....did anyone say 2.5 bar  :D  :D  ;)  :thumbsup:

Lucky, LUCKY bu66er :thumbsup:

2.5 bar!...omg how on earth can u drive that..id b dead in seconds lol.

must be amazing though. :eek:

Oh no mate....only at 2bar at the moment....want to get the HKS GTII Series wategate with a 36PSI spring. I think thats the highest they do. About 2.4 bar(ish)

I went to Donny last weekend for the MR2 trackday and got bitten by the bug so am very eager to get the car to its mental limit and dump it on the track.

but the external WG might be too high for noise limits. This it rates at about 110dbs at present. I know Donny is 96/98dbs and Oulton Park is 106dbs. Might have to shove some socks in the exhaust pipe :thumbsup:

Oil pipe fixed and exhaust fixed and now its all back to normal..........its good to hear my External Wastegate screaming at me again  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

Boost the only way to be thrown forward..

2.5 bar!...omg how on earth can u drive that..id b dead in seconds lol.

must be amazing though. :eek:

Oh no mate....only at 2bar at the moment....want to get the HKS GTII Series wategate with a 36PSI spring. I think thats the highest they do. About 2.4 bar(ish)

I went to Donny last weekend for the MR2 trackday and got bitten by the bug so am very eager to get the car to its mental limit and dump it on the track.

but the external WG might be too high for noise limits. This it rates at about 110dbs at present. I know Donny is 96/98dbs and Oulton Park is 106dbs. Might have to shove some socks in the exhaust pipe :thumbsup:

thats awesome mate, u have to take that thing to totb4 next year..u`ll murder most things.

or a change of tubbie.

td06 20G good for 450bhp @ 1.2 bar. think what 2 bar would give you!

or a change of tubbie.

Melted pistons :o :eek::crybaby: :shutit:

or a change of tubbie.

Melted pistons :o :eek::crybaby: :!Removed!:

not for these rich boys and their forgies :D

or a change of tubbie.

HAHAHAHA

Thats my next move fella :drool: . TD06 with 1.5 of boost, should see me happy for about 500BHP. The 3037s hits full boost, 2 bar at 4500 revs, so not as laggy as I thought. And I get a nice kick, took a mate at work out in it the other day, only had it at 1.4 bar as it was moist ;) and he was amazed at how quick it was, he said, 'I didnt think you could get pushed back in your seat like that!' :yes:

:thumbsup:

thats awesome mate, u have to take that thing to totb4 next year..u`ll murder most things.

Yeah, there are going to be some powerful MR2's there next year.

John Lane JJ (who won the RWD circuit)

Steve Cordiner

Hornsey Brothers

GTS Chris

James Bullock

Fizzy

Me

Neil Johnson

Dino (Owens)

All should be owning 10-11 sec cars, so should at least get half of them in TOTBIV next year.

Should be fun :thumbsup:

or a change of tubbie.

HAHAHAHA

Thats my next move fella :drool: . TD06 with 1.5 of boost, should see me happy for about 500BHP. The 3037s hits full boost, 2 bar at 4500 revs, so not as laggy as I thought. And I get a nice kick, took a mate at work out in it the other day, only had it at 1.4 bar as it was moist ;) and he was amazed at how quick it was, he said, 'I didnt think you could get pushed back in your seat like that!' :yes:

apparently the TD06 is not much more laggy than a stock ct20. so its a bit like having your boost and eating it :) :drool: . thats the way i'm going in the new year i think. i'm only aiming for 450 as i think this will push the envelope of traction for a FWD car and should be enough to win the FWD catagory at TOTB.

need to wait and see what santa brings me first :yes:

apparently the TD06 is not much more laggy than a stock ct20. so its a bit like having your boost and eating it :)  :drool: .  thats the way i'm going in the new year i think. i'm only aiming for 450 as i think this will push the envelope of traction for a FWD car and should be enough to win the FWD catagory at TOTB.

need to wait and see what santa brings me first :yes:

Dawsey, good look with the FWD at TOTB, hopefully see you there is I dont blow anything before hand. Competition should open in a couple of months so get your name down.

oh i will be. should have been in this year but 1 week before i sent of my entery form 2 rods fell out with the crank and made a break for freedom through the block

oh i will be. should have been in this year but 1 week before i sent of my entery form 2 rods fell out with the crank and made a break for freedom through the block

LOL...final mapping test...I can see it now.

'Lets up the boost a tad!

'Yeah, more torque!'

'OK..........'

BANG

'What was that?'

'Oh that was your crank throwing 2 rods from the block.......'

DOH!!!

I have decided not to go for the TD06....I think that I would get more reponse from a T4OR with lower boost.....safer for me really.....as dont want to run 2 bar on a Turbo which rund best at 1/5/1.7 bar.

Or I might just stay with the 3037s and drop to 1.5 bar but get a MoteC M4 Pro and raise those revs to about 9500 :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links