Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Dump Valve/bov For A 1991 Gts

newtomymr2

:unsure: I've hunted high and low for information regarding tuning my 1991 GTS turbo, and it looks like I might have found the perfect home.. right here !! Trouble is I wanted to fit a Dump valve/BOV and after browsing through a couple of articles it looks as if this isnt possible for my revision....or is it??? I have just got my dirty mitts on a Dastek Unichip with boost controller :P

So my Q really is.....with the correct tuning in conjunction with the Unichip would it be possible for me to fit a vent to atmosphere BOV????.......please say yes.

If so where would be the best place to have this done nearest to me??...

.....does anybody mind if I slip into my zip-up tarten booty slippers now its quite comfy in here :thumbsup:

hello mate,

welcome :D

ive got an hks sqv and it seems fine to me, supposedly they can sometimes upset the car and cause turbo stall or sumthin (im not techincally minded lol) but as i say mine seems fine and sounds great. I`ve had some decent figures on the rollers to back this up too.

Go for the HKS! :thumbsup:

Does that mean it will be ok without going on the rollers and having the chip fitted, as it will probably be a while before i can get this done, and I would like to have a whooooshh whoooosh before christmas :huh:

i can only say from what i experience, but yeah mine is fine, it may run a bit rich (supposedly) but daaamn its loud...very loud!, espeically if ya put the boost to 15psi :thumbsup:

i can only say from what i experience, but yeah mine is fine, it may run a bit rich (supposedly) but daaamn its loud...very loud!, espeically if ya put the boost to 15psi  :thumbsup:

:D :D :D Cheers for that Veilside, Time to get buying myself a few more toys before crimbo......now how do I explain what a dump valve is to the Mrs :rolleyes:

It will PROBABLY be fine.....you will know once it is on ;)

Basicly a worst case secnario is the car will have an un-steady idle & possible stall between gear changes or if you come to a stop.....but changes are that won't happen unless you try and run the oem one venting to the atmo, if you buy an aftermarket one it will probably run fine.

Cheers

KiwiMR2

It should be alright mate. It might want to stall etc as someone suggested. But you can adjust the pre-load on the bov to eliminate this.

I have a rev1 with a unichip and a BOV.. no issues here. Was wanting to stall etc for a while when I came to a stop, but adjusting the BOV soon stopped that.

now how do I explain what a dump valve is to the Mrs :rolleyes:

Buy it her for crimbo and tell her its a new s*x toy. When she's bored of it, stick it in your motor instead! (The BOV that is!)

Buy it her for crimbo and tell her its a new s*x toy. When she's bored of it, stick it in your motor instead!  (The BOV that is!)

Nah, only works for handbrake covers.. :P

Hi Mate,

If you are gettin an aftermarket BOV I would like to buy your standard BOV from you.

If you are interested in selling it email me at grahamclift1@hotmail.com

Can pay you via paypal or cheque etc.

Cheers, graham.

I've not a non-chipped rev2 .. and two HKS bovs and it's fine ..

But there *can* be issues.

:thumbsup: Thanks for all your help peeps, really appreciate it, I'm pretty hopless with motors,so all your advice has been much very helpfull :thumbsup:

And I think I will be keeping all my standard parts, just incase.

Mine is rev1 with HKS ssqv. No problem at all.

Make sure you get a decent one. Something like twin piston unit. :D ..

It's well loud in the tunnel at 12psi.... Always have a BIG SMILE on my face when I do it.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links