Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My New Toys :)

midmotorsteve

look what i've just got :)

unichip.JPG

Unichip and boost module :D

Jim (or other unichip runner), this is all there is to them? was surprised as i assumed the boost module would have needed a solinoid valve to do boost but on collecting and seeing this i assume it uses the stock pressure sensor and electronically gets the boost to do the required???

That's all you need fella :)

you going down to owen's to get it setup on the rollers ???

Just the right time of year to fit it ie ice & snow on the way :D :D :D

Have fun fella :)

That's all you need fella :)

you going down to owen's to get it setup on the rollers ???

Just the right time of year to fit it ie ice & snow on the way :D :D :D

Have fun fella :)

that was my plan, but i've been told owens don't do them any more they now concentrate on MOTEC??

If thats a lie i'll try to get to them, else i was thinking MIllway, don't know who else in this neck of the woods tho?

that was my plan, but i've been told owens don't do them any more they now concentrate on MOTEC??

Owens were rated as one of the best Unichip people and still have the rollers so would not imagine it to be any problems for them to install the chip, especially with all that knowledge and of course being about 10 mins from your doorstep :D

If not, millway also come highly recommended....

That the old model Steve? The new ones are silver/green with a window in the front so you can see the electronics.

That the old model Steve?  The new ones are silver/green with a window in the front so you can see the electronics.

yes old model, but thats not important as saving £300 :D

booked into millway on the 20th Dec :D £250 inc vat fitting of unichip and boost module and mapping. so in the end saving £250 :)

One thing they said that i thought strange was to put my grainger valve in the glove box incase my actuator is too weak? then they'll use that to help it hold boost??

booked into millway on the 20th Dec :D £250 inc vat fitting of unichip and boost module and mapping.  so in the end saving £250 :)

One thing they said that i thought strange was to put my grainger valve in the glove box incase my actuator is too weak? then they'll use that to help it hold boost??

So whats the point in Having a Dastek if you are having to use the grainger valve?

booked into millway on the 20th Dec :D £250 inc vat fitting of unichip and boost module and mapping.  so in the end saving £250 :)

So whats the point in Having a Dastek if you are having to use the grainger valve?

yes the boost module bit, hum :huh: , i've mailed them about that bit as the two wouldn't mix. If the actuator is weak due to old age then it may not be able to hold boost much above stock so a bleed valve would take the pressure off... grainger valve tho,.. :unsure: so i think thats where they were coming from..... No, one or the other as far as Grainger valve is concern though :ph34r: ,

but the unichip itself doesn't do boost control its for fuel mapping :D

yes the boost module bit, hum :huh: , i've mailed them about that bit as the two wouldn't mix. If the actuator is weak due to old age then it may not be able to hold boost much above stock so a bleed valve would take the pressure off... grainger valve tho,.. :unsure: so i think thats where they were coming from..... No, one or the other as far as Grainger valve is concern though :ph34r: ,

Right..... :D I thought it was a boost controller. I have always thought for the money, why not just pull the fuel pump relay and put 2 spade connectors in there to wire up the fuel pump so its running on full pelt all the time.

Easy mod that costs about 10p.

:thumbsup:

That's why I'm getting a GReddy eManage. It can do both. :thumbsup:

not unless you buy a profec B in addition to the emange

You want the MoteC M4 Pro....fantastic bit of kit when mapped up. I will be looking for one, and will be selling my F-CON Pro soon.

:thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links