Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Trd Quick Shift

mr2turbo300

Hi,

Just ordered a TRD quickshift kit from the Web, but not sure whether all the bits are there. There is basically bhe black knob and the main metal shafgt with a white plastic bush on the end.

I thought I had seen other people asking about various bushes and where to put them on previous posts

Does anybody know whether I am missing anything ?

Thanks,

Rob.

Can't help you there mate, but it might be worth PM'ing Bibbs or Jimlad, and they'll answer when they come online. They've both got the TRD quick shift.

Is the TRD short shift just a normal turbo short shift? Or slightly different, as in shorter still? I put a turbo short shift on mine, but it don't feel THAT much shorter really.

I have the TRD kit too...

That's all you have in the kit (apart from a spare white bush). The TRD is approx 1 3/4 shorter than the standard shifter, but it's travel is reduced by around 20%. :thumbsup:

I've had a try of the TRD shifter on Bibbs' car and it's wicked. I want one for mine but the TRD Paseo item is £160. :crybaby:

So the TRD shifter IS a shorter throw than the normal TURBO shifter rod then?

The TRD shifter is a LOT shorter and also the mounting point a LOT higher ..

So the throw is greatly reduced.

There is not change between NA and Turbo shifters .. but there is a small diff between Rev1 and Rev2 shifters.

It's quite easy to get a stock one and cut it and re weld it. Let me know if you want a spare to try with, think I have one in the garage.

No, is ok Bibbs, fanx, I got one a cpl of months back from a guy in the US, a used one. Does the standard turbo shifter have like a round plate just below the screw thread yeah? Cos I got a Momo knob on the top at mo, but the plate/ring thing is holding/stopping the knob from going down any further.

Didn't mean to miss you out bud... just remembered Bibbs and Jim talking about it before! :P

I want to buy the kit for mine... where's the best (cheapest *cough*) place to get it? :D

is the fitment still the same for a rev 1 from a rev 2? seen a few on eBay going cheap but been slightly worried as they all say 91 onwards

I want to buy the kit for mine... where's the best (cheapest *cough*) place to get it?  :D

DIY mate .. it's not *that* hard if you have a spare and the tools and pics of a TRD shifter.

Didn't mean to miss you out bud... just remembered Bibbs and Jim talking about it before! :P

I want to buy the kit for mine... where's the best (cheapest *cough*) place to get it? :D

Sorry matey, mine was fitted to the car when I got it. I've got the bill at home in my paperwork, and from what I can remember, Evan (the previous owner) bought it from Fensport for something like £130. :thumbsup:

DIY mate .. it's not *that* hard if you have a spare and the tools and pics of a TRD shifter.

Yeah... might give that a go... you know me!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links