Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Dangerous Driving

BLOODUK

come on now, don't start attacking other people's cars karma...

not wanting to add fuel to it, but you do quite regularly feel the need to stamp your 'rwd is better' superiority notion on various threads

for you, perhaps it is best, for others... perhaps not

we're all perfectly clear on your opinions about it so just leave it there

:lol: Its not an attack on other peoples cars!!! I was out drinking with him last weekend.. its a gag about family cars based on the fact that he actually has usable seats and myself, leeky, and bibbs don't :thumbsup:

I'm sure he'll vouch for this and understood it as intended :yes:

:) :) :)

Ill show you what my "Family car" can do round the ring.

And FWD is just great I dont need to back it up it just is... If you look in the bible you will find that god gave moses the 11th commandment and that was "FWD cars are great so sayeth the lord" and from that day on it has been

Don't you get all biblical on me soney jim!

Like I said earlier its down to preference. There are many AWD owners (like scoobers and evo owners) who will laugh and at and hate rwd diehards like Karma Supra. Personally I like AWD FF MR and RWD. From experience all have thier different fun factors.

Im all up for RWD as im sure you can see, due to the car i own and have owned, but i agree that FWD is a quicker car than a RWD!

For one, do you see successful RWD Touring cars anymore!? BMW was successful at one time, until FWD advanced!

And one example i always use, is that i have lapped Castle Combe in my AE86 a dead on 1 min 28 sec! And that was pushing hard! But my mate lent me his 106 Rallye which has only got 103bhp where as my '86 has 128bhp according to the rollers! And considering i dont know the car and only driven it a couple of times round town i was able to pull a 1 min 26.9 sec lap! And the set record around combe is a Rover 220 coupe Turbo at around 1 min 20 sec! And that would be fully race preped with slicks etc!

But all is agreed that even tho i was slower in my car i had more fun in it trying to control the oversteer!

Thats my opinion anyhow! :)

What I can say is that after a good AWD (torsen/scoobie) its quite hard to drive the RWD.

Yes, the RWD has a higher POTENTIAL cornering speed. But whey you're just driving for fun, the extra throttle you leave for yourself is enough to get you out of most sorts of trouble.

The guy in the pug - what was he trying to do???

He entered 10-15 too metres late, it was almost OK, and then apparently he got scared of the hill and added to thel left, and the car lost balance completely?

The speed doesnt look all that big..

Bzn your right, its got more potential (hence technical arguments ;)). But to get it spot on is that much harder, so for most users other drives are more "user freindly".

RE touring cars... - I thought they had to be the same drive as the road car they are based on, hence most are fwd ????

Personally I prefer RWD, I've had alot of both FWD & RWD and understeer and lift off oversteer scare the hell out of me on FWD cars, where at least a RWD you can catch.

Again, It's all down to the individual car rather than as a whole, but for me its RWD everytime

And one example i always use, is that i have lapped Castle Combe in my AE86 a dead on 1 min 28 sec! And that was pushing hard! But my mate lent me his 106 Rallye which has only got 103bhp where as my '86 has 128bhp according to the rollers! And considering i dont know the car and only driven it a couple of times round town i was able to pull a 1 min 26.9 sec lap! And the set record around combe is a Rover 220 coupe Turbo at around 1 min 20 sec! And that would be fully race preped with slicks etc!

I think you'll find that has nothing to do with FWD or RWD but torque & gear ratios

just to add a bit of fule to the fire.

4wds rock!

fwd, you get te 'ocasional' understeer but hey nothing a bit of gud driving can't fix.

rwd, put your foot down to the floor when going round a corner and your f :censor: d.

4wd, kinda hard to lose no matter what you do.

they all have there different driving styles. the prat in this video couldn't drive for :censor: . he didn't even try to get himself outa it. and the 206 isn't written off a bit of t-cut and it'll be fine.

4wd, kinda hard to lose no matter what you do.

they all have there different driving styles.

Well put!

That's what I was trying to say, really. But one corner on the ice of a 4wd will make you think 100000 times before you buy a one-axed drive car.

On dry - RWD wins - but not by alot.

When its slippery (especially snow, ice) - the difference is HUGE!

And what about the style of 4wd turning??? Its so easy&nice to send the back of your car right out of the line! And anytime you can get it right back with a bit of power.

Basically, over here 4wd rocks. But if it would be dryish all year round, i'd go for RWD.

FWD cars do suck, but they have a bit of both worlds. And they're generraly cheaper (new, at least). So my next car is a FWD CTS!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links