Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fast And Furious Or Fast Asleep?

dawesy

Ok so a lot of people in the forums have modified their Toyota's. so here's the question

Do you prefer the "this car is quick, look at all the spoilers and lights" look or

the "this car may look ordinary but try it on and ill leave you for dead" look

personally i prefer the latter, nobody looks twice at my car at the lights but if they catch me up at the next set they have a really puzzled look on they're face. its great fun

so whats your choice :rolleyes:

Toyota gave me a car that looks like it should be quite fast but actually isn't :( :angry: or not fast enough! ;) :lol:

Each to their own really (as long as its not a Nova or Corsa :D )

Personaly theirs subtle, Wow, and dont be stupid :lol:

I guess its trying to over compensate for a far to comon a car? dunno

How installed that 3S-GTE in for you? did u do all the work yourself????

Lee,how can you say you went for the ordinary look.Right if i was coming up to the lights to join along side i would notice a fair bit.

The first thing as i was coming up from behind i would notice the 5" slash tailpipe. <_< and think is it just some muppet putting a big exhaust on or is it someone who really needs it.

As i draw alongside the 335x32 discs and hi spec calipers hiding behind the oz alloys tell me that you ain't paid all that money for them brakes if you don't need the stopping power.Also the bonnet vent assures me that i ain't wrong and as you pull away at the lights i wouldn't even bother trying to catch you(for now). :unsure:

Subtle you ain't :o but one hell of a car :P :D

Going for the KAD kit lee down your neck of the woods in a few weeks give you a bell a week before,ken

well it aint all body kit an spoilers though. std body the rest of it is there for the job it does (bar the 5" tail but you cant hide every thing :P ) plus it cant stand out or look that quick cos of the sad muppets in rs turbo's :D :lol: etc that somtimes have a go even though the are all emarassed after when i leave them way behind. :lol::lol:

yes scot i did all the conversion myself so if you need to know anythin just ask :P

R u comming to Japfest, if so im sure ill think of somthing to ask u :D

no but i will be at JAPS, thoresby park nr ollerton notts on the 28th/29th june and ofcourse JAE in july. loads of cleaning, polishing, chroming and samco to do b4 then :D

I'm a sole believer that if you car looks fast IT BETTER BE. I'm not into bodykits and alloys and stuff. I like stealth cars. Looks like bugger all and goes like stink. I guess there is too many such an incredibly beautiful personts around here in their Clios and Corsa with massive wheels and bodykits only to look under the bonnet and find a 1.2 lurking down there! Whats the point???? There's nothing more satisfying than disappearing into the sunset when ******s like that are egging you on for a race cause they fitted an air filter the size of their engine (which must give you 100bhp cause it sounds like it). Brings them back to reality I always think.

Ive not made any mods to the style of my car - I bought it because I like the way it looks, and for my age it's a fast car! I am however well into my sound system - as some will have noticed.

I think the majority of people on the Toyota forums are putting in mods for handelling and performance - i.e the inductionkits/turbos/superchargers, the full exhaust systems rather than the noisy and pointless "peco" style toss, strut braces, engine mods etc etc.

Steve.

Well I must be one of the few who likes to styling as well as performance mods. I take the same amount of time on that (and money) as I do with performance.

My idea is this.... pull up at a set of lights, only for people to look over and go "that looks familiar but theres something different?" - and then to fly off into to the sunset.........! B)

have to agree i do like my music havent spent a fortune on ice but happy with the sound. 12"bass cannon in the boot, kenwood 6x9's in an mdf shelf avensis tweeters on the doors (where the wing mirrors are) but havent got round to making any door builds yet (no time :( ) oh and a 600w amp to power the 6x9's and sub. however got to say sometimes i turn it right down just to here the turbo spool up and the chirp of the recirculating dump valve ahh heaven :lol::lol: :D

I like to make my cars look nice, simple as that, my car has a body kit as standard, alloys just make it look pretty :rolleyes: In all fairness, my car looks like it should be savage beast, it is quick, and it will keep up with almost anything on the bends but off the lights I do get mt ***** kicked...which does make make me tearfull :unsure: I need more POWER!!! :angry:

p.s. no1 knows what my car is! :huh:

I guess it is each to there own. Mine is an NA so not much I can do performance wise without spending big bucks, I bought mine with the bodykit, suspension, exhaust & decat, and alloys so would say it's more aesthetic that for speed but wouldn't change her for the world.

I guess a big part of the equation is what type of car your starting with, if you have a well balanced pretty quick car there isn't as much need to make it go faster as you would then want to take into account the balance of the car which would result in a requirement for more spending....

Of course just my 2p

I like to modify my cars in looks and performance, but not sure what i spend the most time on, but i do think some people just dont have a clue when it comes to looks, who would put a rear spoiler ontop of a rear spoiler on a front wheel drive car for flocks sake ! all my mods appear to be functional so far :P

and people that think changing their headlight bulbs and gearknobs and then add them as 'perfomance mods' need serious help. IMHO

true good point. i agree functional mods are by far the best.

i have come to the conclusion that it's laxpower readers that put huge rear wings on the top of their hatches to identify themselves to other laxpower readers! :P :D :lol:

by the way i only modded my front bumper to fit the fog lights, someon had already fitted rectangular ones :o but i got a set from a 2000 corolla. B)

I personally prefer the looking std and going like **** of a shovel look.

Also theres nothing funnier than watching some muppet in a nova stall at the lights cos his engine aint got the power to turn those 18' rims :)

By the way love the mkIII 'tina avatar zee007

By the way love the mkIII 'tina avatar zee007

:lol::lol:

Cheers pal - its a bit of a micky take from over on the Lexus Owners Club..... :wacko:

im not really into wide boy dimma kits and the works, but i do like the car to stand out from the norm.... i guess a lowish car with big rims helps that, and an exhaust to match....

id much rather have an unmodified Shell with big engine, but dont really want to spend that money on my current car.

like steve, i like my ICE. so i guess i like my car to be vocally present with a decent appearence when the heads turn to see where its comin from - not like these nova boys with happy hardcore rattling the boot hinges loose...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links