Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help, Temperature Guage Not Working

nivek

I recently brought a rev2 turbo, but the temerature guage does not move. No diagnostic codes show up and car runs sweetly. fast idle when cold and 800 idle when warm as normal.

Where should i start looking, dash temp guage, sensors?, maybe just fit after market guage?

thanks

I recently brought a rev2 turbo, but the temerature guage does not move. No diagnostic codes show up and car runs sweetly. fast idle when cold and 800 idle when warm as normal.

Where should i start looking, dash temp guage, sensors?, maybe just fit after market guage?

thanks

More than likely a dodgy temp sensor, or even the thermostat knackered.

If you're looking at a new aftermarket guage... The stock one goes from freezing to boiling over without any warning. A decent guage shouold cost you around £35-50. :thumbsup:

You can check the gauge pretty easily. If you pull the connector off the sensor and touch the wire to any earth point the gauge should go to maximum(with ignition on), if it doesn't then there is a fault with the gauge or its wiring. If it does replace the sensor.

:thumbsup:

thanks

More than likely a dodgy temp sensor, or even the thermostat knackered.

If you're looking at a new aftermarket guage... The stock one goes from freezing to boiling over without any warning. A decent guage shouold cost you around £35-50. :thumbsup:

If the temp gauge goes up to the mid point when driving, your thermostat will be fine. Dont change this.

You engine temp sensor maybe unplugged somewhere along the way. Mine did this in my old Tubby. The wires leading from there corroded from weather etc, as not been properly banded in Japan. So when it came across, as the salt/grit from the roads just corroded the plastic and snapped the wires.

Just check all connections first from the gauge to the sensor before shell;ing any money out

thanks for the tips everyone. So it could be the sensor even if no fault codes come up (ie code 22). I should also make it clear that the guage doesnt move from the bottom at all. I will check the sensor tommorow; is it on the radiator?

thanks for the tips everyone. So it could be the sensor even if no fault codes come up  (ie code 22). I should also make it clear that the guage doesnt move from the bottom at all. I will check the sensor tommorow; is it on the radiator?

I thought you were talking about an aftermarket gauge...not the standard one....my bad :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links