Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Grr Bad Day

BLOODUK

Damn locking wheel nut has gone missing , and i need it to take the wheels off for the break pads the wheel nut manufactures are in germany NO number works. Even the guy at halfrauds said it would take upto 3 weeks to get a new one!

Just happens to have gone missing since it went in that garage that messed my alarm system up and guess what OH we dont have it.

:censor: :censor:

ive done the same thing. think it costs bout £40 to av it sorted.

i just drill into the nut with a 10 mm bit bout half inch the used sum magical 'reverse thread thingy' that screws into the drilled hole anti clockwise n releases the nut when it cant be tightend in anymore.

then buy new nuts :thumbsup:

Damn locking wheel nut has gone missing , and i need it to take the wheels off for the break pads the wheel nut manufactures are in germany NO number works. Even the guy at halfrauds said it would take upto 3 weeks to get a new one!

Just happens to have gone missing since it went in that garage that messed my alarm system up and guess what OH we dont have it.

:censor:  :censor:

Hi Mate,

The locking nuts are they the spinning colum type? if not then you can take em off easy as easy can be.

Dave

Just take it to your local tyre fitters/exhaust shop....

I lost my key when test driving my red supra after leaving the key on one of the nuts... my local place cut all 4 off "for a drink" :thumbsup:

:censor:  :censor:

I've experienced this with my other car, nut was there when i bought the car, i checked. Never needed it, then car got driven into, i took it to garage for insurance repair, collected car thought nothing more, month later the exhaust fell off, so as i was near a very cheap tyre / exhaust place i pulled in, they jacked the car up, looked at the pipe,.. (another story),.. and noticed a big ***** nail in the tyre wall, as i was at this super cheap place i said ok i'll drive round the other bay and you can fit a new tyre, i did so, then they asked for the unlocking nut, i passed them the little container, they looked inside,,.. guess what NO NUT!!!! it really, really pisses you off, just imagine if you were out in the middle of the countryside and got a flat!!

Garages that 'loose' (and usually deny all knowledge) these very important items should have the staff dropped off in the middle of a desert with a big fat LandCruiser parked infront of them, but with no ignition leads,... opps forgot to put them on :censor:

Garages that 'loose' (and usually deny all knowledge) these very important items should have the staff dropped off in the middle of a desert with a big fat LandCruiser parked infront of them, but with no ignition leads,... opps  forgot to put them on  :censor:

Its ironic it was the same garage that Buggered up my alarm by cutting the wires to start the car without asking me, i blame my dad said they was reliable and i didnt trust em m8's of his what rubbish they just gave him cheap deals.

Finally learnt his lesson he had to pay to get my alarm sorted, but still i was NOT happy

and my car will NEVER go back their again, now it goes to motorworld a place that deals with performance cars.

F :censor: g monkeys..

Bet they nicked your key so that you would return to have the nuts drilled out..******s.

And as for cutting the wires, bet that was the easy way out rather than using their pea brains.. :arrgg-matey: grr

buy 4 sockets which can be hammered onto the nuts, just make sure u dont hit the alloy! also halfrauds do a locking nut removal tool, one of the reasons why locking nuts do nothing more than hold thieves up for a few seconds when they want your wheels

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links