Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tinting My Lights

dawolf

Bought a bottle of tint spray today, gonna have a go at tinting my boring orange sidelights and indicators. How many coats do you think they'll need? I want it quite dark but enough to still see the lights flashing.

I'm also considering doing the rear lights but not too sure yet. :huh: . What do you reckon? Thanks.

On my fronts I got a loverly shade of black .. about 8 coats .. way too many, but I didn't care ..

That looks well nice mate :thumbsup: .

I've tried 2 light coats so far, hasn't made that much difference so I'm gonna do a few more coats. I'm finding it quite tricky getting an even spread of paint on the lights. The fact it's dark isn't helping much, lol.

I have a problem, my lights have developed a whitish haze over the paint. Could this be because I didn't allow the coats of paint to dry properly inbetween spraying? I think I'm gonna need some white spirit now :blink: .

I have a problem, my lights have developed a whitish haze over the paint. Could this be because I didn't allow the coats of paint to dry properly inbetween spraying? I think I'm gonna need some white spirit now  :blink: .

This is due to the conditions I.E. the weather u need dry warmish weather to do spraying.

Try taking it indoors to do it in the warm

hope this helps :)

Some ppl use a hair dryer between coats too, to help the spray dry off. Just gently, warm blow the lights with it, not too close, just so theres a warm breeze.

I usually Spray an item and and then pop it in the immersion heater cupboard thats if it will fit of course, mind you the wife goes :censor: as it stinks the house out.

Its also an idea to warm the parts lightly with a hairdryer or something BEFORE spreying, the paint adheres better to a warm surface...

Thats the theory anyway.. I can't paint for :censor: !!

Thanks for the comments. How do I remedy the problem now? Do I have to remove the paint and then try again? Other option is to go for crystal lights which I can pick up from Carisma for £45.

let them dry, and then add a few other layers ..

I think Rogue do the lights for about £40, but I could be wrong ..

Once the paint is completely dry, you should be able to chip it off.

This happened to my rear lights the first time i painted them and it chipped of easily.

Or give them a rub with some fine sanding paper (1500 wet and dry)

Then give them another couple of coats in warm conditions.

Decided to buy some clear lights today, they look really nice in contrast to the black paint. I just need to get 2 orange bulbs for the indicators. Apparently it's possible to get clear toblerone style repeaters from Toyota, is this true?

Dont think so mate.

Why not save for the uk strips and do away with the tobes??

Also mate, go for the crystal style indicator bulbs, they look clear but flash orange.

Look much better (imo)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links