Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Front Fog Lights Left On

Twincam.GTi

:ffs: :ffs: :ffs: :ffs:

Why oh why do certain drivers (Chav's?) do this

The past few mornings coming to work it has been dry with no bad weather (e.g. no snow or fog) yet certain people seem to still drive with their lower fog lights still on... :censor:

Sometimes ar dusk it can help you see black ice.......

But apart from that because they think it makes them look cool????

No idea. :lol: I usually flash them and shout abuse!!!

it's one of my pet hates .. I used to do it, when dusk etc so I wouldn't have to put my lights up ..

but it's pointless and distracting (when 6" off the floor) ..

TURN THEM OFF !!

Its stupid, sometimes drivers without flip up lights just drive with the fogs on but nothing else!!!

There was one guy driving in a rover 200 with bright yellow fogs on but no lights...D*CK!

Sometimes ar dusk it can help you see black ice.......

I genuinely didn't know that, thank you sir :thumbsup:

If I see someone at dusk with them on in the winter I won't jump to conclusions, point taken and glad I raised this topic.

I drive home from work on unlit country roads.

When the muppets with the fogs drive towards you it becomes really difficult to see, almost as bad as full beam.

(and no I haven't used my big fog lights yet)

I live on dark country lanes, lined with trees so often we get a fog hanging that will be totally clear, then a few metres of thick fog..

if its dampish I will drive at night with all my lights on full... but I turn off the fogs when I dip my headlights, so no one sees them on anyway! if it means I spot a bit of ice, or spot a dears/badgers eye a few seconds earlier before it runs into the road its worth it!!!

What annoys me is when people come around the corners and haven't dipped their lights... the way the roads are you can see another cars headlights relfecting off the trees/greenery long before you see the actual car or actual headlights, I dip mine in advance... they come storming round the corner in their X5/Cayenne with their full HIDs at my head height and fry my retinas :ffs: they then take an eternety to dip them, buy which time they have passed me (usually in the middle of the road) leaving me blinking and half in a hedge from trying to avoid them!!!!

i drive with my foglights on all the time in daylight, with the popups down, at night i turn them off and use the popups tho...

in sweden we don't have to have the popups up at daytime, the fogs on the MR2 is sufficient here (daytime!) but at night i have to get the popups up and fogs off...

if i need lights on, my fogs will always be on, (as Gen6 celica dip beam's are absolutely Crap, even with decent bulbs)

I flashed and gave abuse to five seperate road users tonight for having their fogs on between my house and the !Removed! in reading....

my mum will be proud :lol:

What annoys me is when people come around the corners and haven't dipped their lights... the way the roads are you can see another cars headlights relfecting off the trees/greenery long before you see the actual car or actual headlights, I dip mine in advance... they come storming round the corner in their X5/Cayenne with their full HIDs at my head height and fry my retinas cursing.gif they then take an eternety to dip them, buy which time they have passed me (usually in the middle of the road) leaving me blinking and half in a hedge from trying to avoid them!!!!

Major pet hate of mine, becuase theres loads of country roads near me with lots of bends, And before i go into a bend i turn the full beam (anyway, regardless if i saw car's headlights) off in case someone is around the corner, but then i think WHY DID I BOTHER and someone is blinding me halfway, and i dunno where im going.

Worst thing is I KNOW THEY SAW MY BEAM!!! so why didnt they turn theirs off.

Whats worst is people who have knakered lights, You think a motorbikes behind you, and you **** yourself when its a car....

i drive with my foglights on all the time in daylight, with the popups down, at night i turn them off and use the popups tho...

in sweden we don't have to have the popups up at daytime, the fogs on the MR2 is sufficient here (daytime!)  but at night i have to get the popups up and fogs off...

Thing is here in the UK its actually illegal to drive with fogs on in good visibility. If plod are in a bad mood and have nothing better to do they will stop people.

If I get a user come up behind me I usually put my rear fogs on. I figure if its "foggy" enough for them to have their fronts on then it must be bad enough for me to switch my rear fogs on.

My yaris happens to be the only model with them as standard so the kids in the saxo in front know i'm not in a 1.0GS and its time to get their slower than it feels VTR out the way before I chomp their back bumper off! LOL

......Sorry i'm getting excited, been watching F&F again, must behave on the streets!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links