Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Brakes

CoRoLLa_KiD

Right... now I know my brakes are pretty knackered as they are but they stop me and I can't afford to replace them lol.

But recently one's been started to make a scratching noise when I brake. Diagnosed that my disc is being cut into...

Advise please!

Passenger front

front+left1.jpg

front+left.jpg

Driver front

front+right.jpg

My rear's

rear+left.jpg

rear+right.jpg

if it sounds like metel to metel you need to check your pads :) sounds like ones gone. :eek: looking at the pics i would say its the pass front :)

I can't see a pad whereas I can on the other side. I'm going to get it replaced after I go gold :thumbsup: . Is it advised to carry on driving on it? Will it bugger anything else up? :unsure:

Do any of the other discs need replacing aswell? The rear's have a pretty big lip on them, is that good or bad? :unsure:

Get your discs and pads from eBay from a good reputable US seller, I got mine cross drilled, grooved for about £70.00 inlcuding the shipping and import charge. I'll try and find the seller for you.

If you have worn down the pads and it's metal on metal you will need to change both discs and pads

Kev :)

Looking at those pictures your discs are very worn and need replacing as soon as. Your pads will also be low - the scraping sound you're hearing is the low pad indicator spring touching the disc.

You may be able to get discs and pads from eBay as mentioned above, but for around the same money you can get OEM equivalents from brakes international (on the web) delivered to your door. They aren't the best but are 50X better than what you currently have. You can easily replace them yourself if you follow my "how-to" (with photos) in the Workshop Subissions section of the site :thumbsup:

There are also discounts with companies for brake parts set up in Gold ;)

There are also discounts with companies for brake parts set up in Gold ;)

I was waiting for you to say that ;)

I'm going gold for that reason and I want the stickers hehehe! Plus with 2 (soon to be 3 *fingers crossed*) Toyota's in the family I think it'd be best :) .

I'm going to have to wait till after christmas till I can afford new brakes though. Shall I just try light brake everywhere? :unsure:

I was waiting for you to say that ;)

I'm going gold for that reason and I want the stickers hehehe! Plus with 2 (soon to be 3 *fingers crossed*) Toyota's in the family I think it'd be best :) .

I'm going to have to wait till after christmas till I can afford new brakes though. Shall I just try light brake everywhere? :unsure:

no seriously with the current road conditions you should replace your discs and pads asap!! You have poor braking ability now which will only get worse and with how greasy the roads are this time of year you can hardly 'light brake' everywhere.

you will be cursing your luck if you need to brake hard and run into the back of someone due to no brake pads left!

Kev :)

My brakes feel exactly the same as they did weeks ago, but the scraping made me have a good look! I'll have to con my mum into lending me £25 ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links