Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cam Pulleys

urotsukidoji_badassdemon

Hey all who are technically minded, own a 3S-Ge engined MR2 and a 1600 TWIN CAM Corolla, I am trying to find out if the cam pulleys on these two engines the same or not. If they are the same size and what not, then I can get a pair of the Piper or Kent Cam Vernier pulleys to go on my 3S-GE engine. Ne1 know?

NNoooooo, what I meant was, with the Corolla 1600 twin cam ( what ever engine code it is) and the SW20 2.0 twin cam 3S-GE engine, are the CAM PULLEYs the same size. I know the Corolla engine isn't a 3S-GE engine, thats not the issue here. But obviously, know one knows on here.

what gives you the notion they are even remotely the same??

i would have thought they were totally different heads

well HKS sell pulleys for both engines and both have different codes, so i'd guess that makes them different, why exactly would you want to buy piper or kent corolla pulleys for an MR2 when they make mr2 pulleys anyway as does, fidenza, HKS etc

I'd have thought the 4a-ge and the 3s-ge would be miles apart .. one is a 1.6 the other a 2.0 ..

Just get MR2 pullies ..

Was down Millway on Thursday, and we was discussing about the Dastek chip and getting cams and verniers for my car, but the guy said to just get a pair of the verniers and the Dastek, not to bother with the cams themselves. I said I already checked the Piper website, but that they only had the 1600 TC listed, and the guy at millway had the thought that the Corolla 1600 TC and 3S-Ge cam pulleys were both the same size. Get me now? Because the HKS, Blitz what not cost like about 250 PER PULLEY, whereas the Piper ones are like about 100 the pair... for something that will do the same job, which are going to be under a cover as well. See?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links