Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Urgent Help

DURBANS

Hello

Already being happy in the car "domain" now I'm looking for a bike.

I know some guys here on TOC are into bikes and stuff and I'm not gonna get in a bike forum just yet, I decided to ask a direct question to you guys... please, I know this si totally OFF topic, but I hope to get some answers...

My budget is 13,000 dollars and I'm torn between these 3 bikes:

Honda CBR1000RR

Yamaha YZF R-1

Suzuki Hayabusa 1300R

Ok, those are the 3 models and they all range on my price limit. Im talking about new, 2005 bikes.

I want to get advice ONLY on which of these 3 bikes has the BEST built quality and the best reputation.

For example, the R-1 costs as much as the Honda, but it has more horse-power (180 hp's), that tells me that maybe Honda is better?

Help me please guys! (only those 3 specific bikes)

niether if you want a fun classic fast bike try and get hold of an RC-45. + personally i prefer a 600, yeah maybe not as good top end but quick and more manoverable. first bike i rode was a zx6r (F3 model) hit 120 mph befor i **** my self. not bad for 13yrs old :)

Honda`s got the build quality and torque in bucketfulls. :thumbsup:

Yam. Good but scary. Need to keep on top of it. Build quality a little suspect. :unsure:

Suzuki....... How long do you want to live. :lol: More of a mega fast tourer. Way heavy for scratching.

Have you not considered a Triumph. May not be as powerful or fast on paper, but in the real world it`s one hell of a bike......... Yes i AM biassed. :lol::lol::thumbsup:

I'd go with the Yammy R1 .. but that's cause I have a Yammy engine in the MR2 ..

go for the r1 or the hayabusa

they have great reputations

both capable of being the fastest bikes around 2.

i would say the r1 is more comfortable though as the hayabusa has a very hard seat so it all up to u m8

hope it helps

isnt the CBR a tad old now, but excellent build quality my dad just sold his with 15000 miles on it from a 89 G reg R1 is basic and poor build but alot quicker, the busa is a abit of a tank, id go with the R1 or the CBR

Thanks for the replies!

So I guess it's between the R1 and the CBR.

I know the R1 has more hp's but, I've heard that it ain't that is not as good built as the CBR, plus, as I said, it costs the same as the CBR having more hp's and stuff, I know I shouldn't judge stuff by their price, but, it's kinda like here in my country we get Brazilian made Volkswagens and they cost very cheap and they have tons of goodies like ABS brakes, airbags, cd changers, power windows, etc etc, but a German VW of the same model, will cost like 4 grand more.

What do you guys think?

I don't think you'd be disappointed with either bike. At the end of the day it's your choice....I'd personally go for the Honda, but try them both for size...geometry changes slightly from one manufacturer to the next. you may find one of them uncomfortable to be on compared to the other.

Rich

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links